The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.

Go down 
+8
Martin
dr4gonst4il
Hozama
Rand
DKsDragon
Loveable Kaze
SpikeAi
Tany
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tany

Tany

Name : (Insert my nickname here) or just call me Tany. :3
IGN : TanyxD
Job : Ice Lightning Arch Mage
Level : 14x
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-04-27
Mood : Same ol', same ol'.

More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. Empty
PostSubject: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:16 am

Assuming you are all good educated lads, you should know what's up with the Pirate franchise for GMS. If you go to the GMS website you see the pirate banner in the middle of the page. It takes to a very informative site with many fun things to do. You can send a banner to a friend, or yourself if you are lonely. It looks like this:

More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. Pirateinfo-1

Yes, yes, very fancy. Now you're all thinking, "Get to the point, Tany. We don't want to read the crappy things you type any longer." Well, if you pay attention to the Newsletter thing it says that "...Launch date in November." Thus, having undeniable proof that Nexon has declared that they are planning to realease Pirates sometime in November.
Now, my question that I propose to you is, "Do you think they will stick with it or will they be good 'ol Nexon and postpone the pants off of this?"

Feel free to criticize, flame, argue, or flat out insult me if you don't agree with any of the said content above.
Thank you for your time ladies and gents.

Last edited by Tany on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

Name : Neal
IGN : SpikeAi
Job : Bow Master
Level : 151
Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:24 am

To my knowledge nexon has never announced something so clearly and not followed though...
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:49 am

I think they've done it like twice....Might as well be zero. xD
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:21 pm

I don't think they will follow through with it. Saying it will be out in November gives them a full month to postpone it, but I don't think it'll be out until December, honestly. And, even after the release, there will be a lot of bugs, balancing issues, and probably even a small hacker problem for a while. An, with the high demand and anticipation for the Pirate class, there will be a LOT of people making pirates, so expect a lot of lag in certain areas. =/

I may actually make a new account later just to try it out for myself briefly...lol. =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

Name : Steve
IGN : DKsDragon, BigKnuckles, DKsEvan, FEARandHOPE
Job : Dark Knight, Buccaneer, Evan, Dawn Warrior
Level : 151, 131, 125, 120
Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2008-04-29
Mood : if you see this and want to contact me, use discord:
deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:36 pm

i say february. I mean u know how hard it is? they have to copy the code, translate some stuff to english and upload. thats a whole day of work at least. T_T
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:22 pm

I, for one, am gonna be stupid and believe that Nexon will release on time. For one thing, they have advertisements IN THE REAL WORLD ABOUT PIRATE CLASS! At certain 7-11's they have signs saying "Pirate job, November,Give us your moneys! ^^" I don't think they would put public advertising without backing it.
I really hope that Stephen was sarcastic. In reality, that is really ALL they have to do. They have to go Ctrl+C, Ctrl+v, put through a crappy Korean-> English translator, apply it to the client, make people happy, job accomplished. Three weeks later, fix mass of bugs, make twenty one hour server checks that get extended by "x" time, have perfect Pirate class working. See? All they have to do is release it on time and fix it as they go along, for then they don't look bad. I think that'd be win.
That's just what I think.
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:29 am

ya i was being sarcastic, its not even a day of work, i could prolly do it in an hour, knowing no korean. Assuming they use the same program for both, they dont even have to translate the actual code, just the in game names and signs. That means no syntax errors either T_T
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:23 pm

You guys don't know what your talking about there is alot more to it than copy and paste + translation.

Even if you ignore all the additional data that now needs to be added such as sprites, sound effects, music. and extending the databases to allow for new data. There are still alot more things that have to be done. You surely could NOT do it in one day. And nexon isn't and never have announced something then started working on it. Data for the 4th job patch was being added months before it was used. Its safe to bet that they are nearly done already or they wouldn't announce it.
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:40 pm

but neal, they have it working in KMS, JMS, and several private servers. They shouldn't have much else to do other than copy + paste from an english private server.
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:03 pm

That doesn't mean that adding it to our current system is as simple as copy and paste. Its not like it is being programed from scratch either. I'm just saying that comparing it to copy and paste is an extreme exaggeration.

And copying a section of code is and making it work with existing code is different than copying the entire code and making it work.
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm

but if they had it all working on the private server, they just copy the block and paste it over the old block. no integration needed.
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Of course saying copy + paste = win was an exaggeration. xD
Plus, there's the fact that they don't just run GMS, but all the other versions. So, it does take time to do all this while taking care of other branches. Also, why would Nexon take a portion of code from a PS? That'd be just degrading for them.

Either way, I still think Pirates are coming out mid November.
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 pm

DKsDragon wrote:
but if they had it all working on the private server, they just copy the block and paste it over the old block. no integration needed.

You can't just copy a section of code and have it work perfectly with existing alternative code. You have to understand what your copying to an extent in order to implement it correctly into your own. Beyond changing variable names, function names, and file names to match. Some times the structure of the code won't fit in with the existing structure. Also the code may not all be in a single block. A large part of the pirate class will surely be in one section but its such a major thing that the changes will reflect the whole game. For instance new NPCs, alternative options for an additional class, modified drop rates, new items, the list is pretty long.

And of course they can't copy the whole program because then everything unique to GMS would have to be recoded every time including retransmitting all text.
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:49 pm

According to my assumtions/ careful calculations, Pirates come out the 6th of November. If anyone else has some concrete evidence as to why it is another date, please, feel free to post it. This is a place for information to gather. Until then, hope all of you have your to be Pirate characters ready at the entrance to Nautilus port filled with exchange items. : D
Back to top Go down
Rand

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : Bellocan
Job : Ranger
Level : 87
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Hmmm to understand a Nexon u must think like a Nexon...

You see, they clearly defined the launch date to be sometime in the month of November, however, they failed to specify a year...

very sneeky indeed...

XDDD
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:34 am

I've been looking at the skills, and it seems that the Infighter would be a very hard class to pin down a decent build for.
Back to top Go down
dr4gonst4il

dr4gonst4il

IGN : F1r3p0150n3r
Job : Fire / Poison Wizard
Level : 50
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-06-29
Mood : Thinking of...

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 am

I do think it will come out in November even if its the 31st but yea, as Neal is saying you need to do like 1000x more that just copy pasting.

And maybe nexon has to purchase the database from the KMS pirate job class, because maybe some copyright problems.
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:38 am

Hozama wrote:
I've been looking at the skills, and it seems that the Infighter would be a very hard class to pin down a decent build for.

Well not TOO bad. Level 10-30 you max the 2 attacks and the movement skill, then put 11 into that +X accuracy, +X avoidability. Doesnt matter on order. Then 30-33 you max the HP skill and then w/e you want, as long as the mastery skill and booster get maxed. 70+ IDK havent memorized the skills (at school, cant access skills, there blocked). But I think you max transform and that skill where u hit the earth first, then the energy moves? 120+ max that awesome dragon skill then super transform and then w/e.

IDK if this is correct, it is the build i am following.

BTW: Gunslingers can do a mini FJ at level 30. They jump, turn around and do the back shoot. It sends them flying back through the air.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

Name : Martin
Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-04-20
Mood : ignorance is bliss.

inlove<3

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:46 am

Nexon America only runs Nexon America, Its a franchise. Wich means independent owners, but still as a whole. Also, NexonNA doesn;t need to "buy" anything from other version, they all get it for free. As a matter of fact, The nexon developers in korea are translating Pirates to english at this very moment. and they are making sure it fits in with our own version poperly.

Pirates come when they are done, Rather a late perfect version, then a hurried sucky one.

DKsDragon wrote:
Hozama wrote:
I've been looking at the skills, and
it seems that the Infighter would be a very hard class to pin down a
decent build for.

Well not TOO bad. Level 10-30 you max
the 2 attacks and the movement skill, then put 11 into that +X
accuracy, +X avoidability. Doesnt matter on order. Then 30-33 you max
the HP skill and then w/e you want, as long as the mastery skill and
booster get maxed. 70+ IDK havent memorized the skills (at school, cant
access skills, there blocked). But I think you max transform and that
skill where u hit the earth first, then the energy moves? 120+ max that
awesome dragon skill then super transform and then w/e.

IDK if this is correct, it is the build i am following.

BTW:
Gunslingers can do a mini FJ at level 30. They jump, turn around and do
the back shoot. It sends them flying back through the air.
You're right, and you are wrong. The most obvious build for an Infighter is to max Somersaultkick, Dash and the Acc Skill. and put 11 points into stomp, as it gets over powerd by the 2nd job skill at level 37. I know the builds all from my barehead. but its a long story to explain.

Tany wrote:
According to my assumtions/ careful calculations, Pirates
come out the 6th of November. If anyone else has some concrete evidence
as to why it is another date, please, feel free to post it. This is a
place for information to gather. Until then, hope all of you have your
to be Pirate characters ready at the entrance to Nautilus port filled
with exchange items. : D
The Pirates pre-quest event ends the 11th of november. There is new NX planned to come out the 12th of november. and the 12th of november is 1 week after the 4th and final week of the pirate website.(at its at week 3, wich means it will take 7 days from teh start of week 4 before Pirates are released. week 4 gets initiated next wednesyday.)
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 am

dr4gonst4il wrote:
I do think it will come out in November even if its the 31st

November has 30 days XD

Rand wrote:
Hmmm to understand a Nexon u must think like a Nexon...

You
see, they clearly defined the launch date to be sometime in the month
of November, however, they failed to specify a year...

very sneeky indeed...

XDDD

Oh sneaky sneaky...
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 am

SpikeAi wrote:
dr4gonst4il wrote:
I do think it will come out in November even if its the 31st

November has 30 days XD

ROFL neal you meanie xD
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm

I thought week 4 starts on THursday. That's when I saw the bar move.
Back to top Go down
dr4gonst4il

dr4gonst4il

IGN : F1r3p0150n3r
Job : Fire / Poison Wizard
Level : 50
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-06-29
Mood : Thinking of...

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Well Im sorry I dont memorize how many days november has... and you know what i mean for that -.-
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Lol, it's okay. I don't know the order of the months. xD
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:27 am

January 31
February 28
March 31
April 30
May 31
June 30
July 31
August 31
September 30
October 31
November 30
December 31
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.   More Pirate info and coming PATCH info. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Pirate info and coming PATCH info.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next