The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here Empty
PostSubject: Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here   Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 3:59 pm

*EDIT*
I recently had the "data.cab" Error. The problem with this Error is that no matter how many times you do a fresh reinstall of MS, the computer always sees the download as corrupt. Some people have had luck using the RAR installation files and I was in the process of downloading them too, when I finally tried this:
I loaded MS from an old iTCG CD. I bought the Cards around v.47 and installed it a few days after v.52. I made sure Firewalls and Virus Protection was off while MS uploaded from the CD and while MS downloaded the v.52 Patch. I also made sure no other programs were running except what was in the "Background".
Also, before I could even get the .msi program (MicroSoft Install Shield file) to extract properly, I had to permanently delete a very strange MapleStory program in the Add/Remove Programs. I say wierd because not only did I "Remove" MS properly through Add/Remove, but I also deleted as many traces of it as I could find elsewhere. I did some digging around on google and found I had to install "Microsoft Install Shield Clean Up" utility program. I ran this and selected the wierd MapleStory program in Add/Remove and finally got rid of it to where the .msi thing could see that there was NOT an old version of MapleStory on my computer.
*~fin~ EDIT*

(I'll post this in a couple Forum Sections then delete when neccessary):
try this first:
http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/335747/0//Patch_Problem_Solutions__Check_First.html

Now... did you try the "Manual Patcher" at Nexon.net, up top, under "Downloads"/"-Games/Patches"; scroll down a bit and pick the big RED Manual Patch button - ...RUN IT (BUT make sure your FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF & that you have NO other programs running)
To turn your firewall off do this (for those who may not know):
Clicking Start, then goto settings/control panel/Security Center/Windows Firewall - TURN IT OFF WHILE DOWNLOADING THE PATCH OR THE ORIGINAL "CLIENT" (the client is the whole "Fresh" Re-Install)

To do a "Fresh" Re-Install you need to UnInstall MapleStory as it exists on your computer to begin with. Goto "Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add Or Remove Programs"!
Now Un-Install MapleStory... then,also, go to "Program Files" (or wherever MS is stored on your comp.) and delete the Nexon Folder!
Now REBOOT!
Come back to Nexon.net and goto GAME DOWNLOAD on the left. Make sure Firewall(s) are still turned off and Install the whole MS Program again...

Other Suggestions:
1. Run Anti-Virus software (i hope you have it - AVG is free and very worthy; google it - Grisoft provides it)

2 Run Anti-Spyware (Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy are good)

3. "Free up space on your hard disk" in the 'Control Panel' under "Performance and Maintenance" in the 'Category View' of Windows XP) - sry that's all I run ...is Winows XP Home Version...

4. Again, in the 'Category View' of the Control Panel, DEFRAG YOUR COMPUTER under 'Performance and Maintenance! Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here Emotion-1 This greatly increases the speed of your computer and then some.

REBOOT (restart) your computer - Possibly even after each of these steps (..ummm also it is recommended that you run each of these steps in "Safe Mode", but let's not worry about that right now)

Confused yet... sry, just trying to help is all
If all else fails try the Sticky Thread at nexon.net Forums called "Technical Issues - Read Me First" or the "General Problems" faq. This is A GREAT RESOURCE FOR ERROR CODES AND SUCH... http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/forums/62/ShowForum.aspx

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MAPLING
Feel free to ask questions (I know some of this is probably confusing, but I'm just trying to help 0.o) - BTW I'm playing MS right nowPatch Problems HELP GUIDE here Emotion-21

ALSO, Our good friend Basil market has good Tech help section (regarding black-screen and such):
http://www.basilmarket.com/show/forum/15

D/C'ing:
(found this at Hidden-Street)
1. Go to Your Nexon Folder
2. Right click Maplestory.exe (in the folder)
3. Click Properties
4. Click Compatibility
5. Click Run this mode in compatibilty mode for
6. Click Windows98/ME
7. GO PLAY! What are you looking at?
(But the thing is.. You have to do this everytime you start playing)

Last edited by N00bKing on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SEE *EDIT*)
Back to top Go down

Patch Problems HELP GUIDE here
Page 1 of 1