The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one

Go down 
+2
Bilbo
Hozama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one Empty
PostSubject: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:48 pm

We planned to take 1 week vacation tour in Mexico next month, but news of kidnapping and gangs worried us so finally we canceled our trip. Here is one of the articles that worried us about tourist's security in Mexico:

MEXICO CITY – Indiscriminate kidnappings. Nearly daily beheadings. Gangs that mock and kill government agents.This isn't Iraq or Pakistan. It's Mexico, which the U.S. government and a growing number of experts say is becoming one of the world's biggest security risks.

The prospect that America's southern neighbor could melt into lawlessness provides an unexpected challenge to Barack Obama's new government. In its latest report anticipating possible global security risks, the U.S. Joint Forces Command lumps Mexico and Pakistan together as being at risk of a "rapid and sudden collapse." "The Mexican possibility may seem less likely, but the government, its politicians, police and judicial infrastructure are all under sustained assault and pressure by criminal gangs and drug cartels," the command said in the report published Nov. 25. "How that internal conflict turns out over the next several years will have a major impact on the stability of the Mexican state."

Retiring CIA chief Michael Hayden told reporters on Friday that that Mexico could rank alongside Iran as a challenge for Obama — perhaps a greater problem than Iraq. The U.S. Justice Department said last month that Mexican gangs are the "biggest organized crime threat to the United States." National security adviser Stephen Hadley said last week that the worsening violence threatens Mexico's very democracy. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff recently told The New York Times he ordered additional border security plans to be drawn up this summer as kidnappings and killings spilled into the U.S. The alarm is spreading to the private sector as well. Mexico, Latin America's second biggest economy and the United States' third biggest oil supplier, is one of the top 10 global risks for 2009 identified by the Eurasia Group, a New York-based consulting firm.

Mexico is brushing aside the U.S. concerns, with Interior Secretary Fernando Gomez-Mont saying Wednesday: "It seems inappropriate to me that you would call Mexico a security risk. There are problems in Mexico that are being dealt with, that we can continue to deal with, and that's what we are doing."Still, Obama faces a dramatic turnaround compared with the last time a new U.S. president moved into the White House. When George W. Bush was elected in 2000, the nation of 110 million had just chosen Vicente Fox as president in its fairest election ever, had ended 71 years of one-party rule and was looking forward to a stable, democratic future.

Fox signaled readiness to take on the drug cartels, but plunged them into a power vacuum by arresting their leaders, and gangs have been battling each other for territory ever since. Felipe Calderon, who succeeded Fox in 2006, immediately sent troops across the country to try to regain control. But soldiers and police are outgunned and outnumbered, and cartels have responded with unprecedented violence. Mob murders doubled from 2007, taking more than 5,300 lives last year. The border cities of Juarez and Tijuana wake up each morning to find streets littered with mutilated, often headless bodies. Some victims are dumped outside schools. Most are just wrapped in a cheap blanket and tossed into an empty lot.

Many bodies go unclaimed because relatives are too afraid to come forward. Most killings go unsolved. Warring cartels still control vast sections of Mexico, despite Calderon's two-year crackdown, and have spawned an all-pervasive culture of violence. No one is immune. Businesses have closed because they can't afford to pay monthly extortion fees to local thugs. The rich have fled to the U.S. to avoid one of the world's highest kidnapping rates. Many won't leave their homes at night. The government has launched an intensive housecleaning effort after high-level security officials were accused of being on the take from the Sinaloa cartel. And several soldiers fighting the gangs were kidnapped, beheaded and dumped in southern Mexico last month with the warning: "For every one of mine that you kill, I will kill 10."

But the U.S. government is extremely supportive of the Mexican president, recently handing over $400 million in anti-drug aid. Obama met briefly with Calderon in Washington last week and promised to fight the illegal flow south of U.S. weapons that arm the Mexican cartels. While fewer Americans are willing to drive across the border for margaritas and handicrafts, visitors are still flocking to other parts of Mexico. And the economy seems harder hit by the global crisis than by the growing violence. The grim assessments from north of the border got wide play in the Mexican media but came as no surprise to people here. Many said the solution lies in getting the U.S. to give more help and let in more migrant workers who might otherwise turn to the drug trade to make a living. Otherwise the drug wars will spill ever more heavily into America, said Manuel Infante, an architect. "There is a wave of barbarity that is heading toward the U.S.," he said. "We are an uncomfortable neighbor."
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Why do you keep on posting depressing things, kat?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:24 am

Hozama wrote:
Why do you keep on posting depressing things, kat?

What do you mean? Do you read news at all? You consider those depressing news? Tijuana is about 1 hour drive from my house and we goes there as often as every 2 weeks, though we normally get back in same day. I read news often and that how is our conversation during dinner time with my family. We dont consider this is depressing news. Its not good news for the world over all and Mexico pacificly but its not depressing news.

Now read this article:

KUWAIT CITY – The Saudi king says his country will donate $1 billion to help rebuild the Gaza Strip after Israel's devastating three-week offensive in the Palestinian territory. King Abdullah criticizes Israel for using excessive force in Gaza and says "one drop of Palestinian blood" is more valuable than all the money in the world. The king spoke Monday in Kuwait City at a summit focused on boosting economic growth and development in the Arab world.

Happy news? Nah, deep down it's it sad news. It reminds us of how it all started when Israel started killing Palestinians and the world included many "great countries" like US and Canada either turned their back away or actively supported the war there.

However since those news make you depressed, I will try to find some other articles and posting them. Hopefully they will make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 pm

You're right kat. Palestinians don't need donations; they don't need to be killed in the first place. That arabic king should've spoke 22 days ago to stop the israeli attack instead. But the plan to eliminate resistance movements and dominate over land and resources in the region is ongoing. Sad.
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

Name : Steve
IGN : DKsDragon, BigKnuckles, DKsEvan, FEARandHOPE
Job : Dark Knight, Buccaneer, Evan, Dawn Warrior
Level : 151, 131, 125, 120
Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2008-04-29
Mood : if you see this and want to contact me, use discord:
deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 am

It still isnt happy news, Jeff is right too. Post things like this!

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/01/20/obama-inaugurationday.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:25 pm

I cant wait to go home tonight and watch the inauguration ceremony. I was outside listening to radio and forgot to Tivo it. Just hope some local chanels will replay the ceremony.

Hopefully we will have great improving years with new president, not only just United States but also for the whole world. Please bring Peace and Prosperous !!!
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

Name : Steve
IGN : DKsDragon, BigKnuckles, DKsEvan, FEARandHOPE
Job : Dark Knight, Buccaneer, Evan, Dawn Warrior
Level : 151, 131, 125, 120
Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2008-04-29
Mood : if you see this and want to contact me, use discord:
deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Good and bad that I saw it live. Good that well...duh. Bad that i missed my spanish class, she locked me (and 9 others) out, and we lost 5% on our oral (0.5% on report card). But i dont even care, it was so worth it to see obama get sworn in. The slip was rather funny too =D (in a laugh with not laugh at way). They said that there was 2.5 MILLION people there to see him. If you lined all the buses that went up, they would span 75 miles!! (approx 125-130 km). Anyway, im really glad that Obama is president, and I back him all the way <3
Back to top Go down
Tany

Tany

Name : (Insert my nickname here) or just call me Tany. :3
IGN : TanyxD
Job : Ice Lightning Arch Mage
Level : 14x
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-04-27
Mood : Same ol', same ol'.

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 am

Hey, I also live one hour away from Tijuana. Anyway, Mexico isn't that dangerous. I go there every year for vacation for like 2 months. The news is exaggerated. As long as you go to tourist areas, you are not gonna get raped or attacked or mugged. Also, I have lots of family in Mexico so maybe that's why my family isn't in danger. If you always strictly followed the news, you would never do anything. Oh, cookies have too much sugar, long term usage of TV or computers will eat at your vision and brain, taking pills can kill you, breathing too much is bad for the environment, global warming....meh.

Plus, this happened to one person. ONE. Not every person that goes through there and it's given like a lay of flowers like in Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
Angelkitty03

Name : Jenny
IGN : angelkitty03
Job : ranger
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-07-03
Mood : Indecisive

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Dont rely too much on the news, i agree with tany they exaggerate WAAAY too much
Back to top Go down
dr4gonst4il

dr4gonst4il

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : F1r3p0150n3r
Job : Fire / Poison Wizard
Level : 50
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-06-29
Mood : Thinking of...

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey.. I used to live in mexico for like 9 years and I never got kidnapped o__o

Its pretty much who you hang out with and trust me America has number one murders in the world but why do they just blame Mexicans of horrifying things while Americans are doing the same or worse.

To die or to be kidnapped.
I choose B!
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:58 am

offtopic: omg john! ur alive! we are omoking everyday at 8 pm pst in zipangu ch9! also check omok.bellocan.com u'll love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one   We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We canceled our vacation after reading news like this one
Page 1 of 1