The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? Empty
PostSubject: Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol?   Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:42 am

High hormone levels in women linked to unfaithfulness

Women with high levels of oestrogen may adopt a simple relationship strategy more often associated with men: love 'em and leave 'em. New
research suggests that young women who produce naturally high levels of an oestrogen compound linked to fertility are more prone to hop from man to man, as well as cheat on their current partner. They also see themselves as more attractive than other women. "Thesebwomen are willing to trade up when the opportunity arises and continue to extract these lucrative resources from men when they can," says Kristina Durante, an evolutionary psychologist at the University of Texas in Austin, who led the study. She thinks the behaviour could be an adaptation to the high costs of giving birth. "For women it's all about the resources that we need. If you're going to be getting knocked up there's a significant cost," she says.

Previous research had shown that women who produce high levels of an oestrogen hormone called oestradiol are perceived as more attractive and mother more children than women with lower amounts of the sex hormone. Oestradiol levels also wax and wane across a woman's ovulatory cycle - generally corresponding to fertility and interest in sex, Durante says.

Attractiveness advantage

To rule out the effect of these monthly fluctuations, Durante and colleague Norman Li measured the hormone in 52 female university students at two points in the cycle, representing a woman's baseline level of the hormone. The researchers also asked the students, who averaged 19 years and five months, to rate their own attractiveness and fill out a survey that gauged their propensity to cheat on a partner by flirting, kissing, dating, having sex, or maintaining a serious affair.

High oestradiol levels corresponded to higher self-attractiveness ratings. As independent confirmation, a panel of two men and seven women also
judged them the prettiest. High oestradiol women reported that they had dated more men and were more willing to cheat, from innocent flirts to serious affairs. These women, however, proved no more interested in one-night stands than women with lower levels of oestradiol. "Highly attractive women can get the Brad Pitts to be long-term partners, not just the one-night stand," Durante says.

Unneeded hunks?
Behaviour associated with high oestradiol levels could have evolved when women were more dependent on men to support them through childbirth and child-rearing. Most modern women, she says, rely less on male support for food, shelter, and other resources, than their ancestors. But these deep psychological inclinations linger, modified by modern environments. Take actress Angelina Jolie, an attractive woman more than capable of supporting her self and a fast-growing family. "She doesn't need Brad Pitt long term, but she still faces these same preferences," Durante says.
Grażyna Jasieńska, a psychologist at Jagiellonian University of Krakow, Poland, notes that oestradiol levels tend to fall when women lose weight, exercise regularly, and age. The study only looked at younger women, so "it would be interesting to see if this [longer-term] variation in oestradiol corresponds to variation in behaviour," she says.
By Ewen Callaway from Newscientist
Back to top Go down
DunAbhon

DunAbhon

IGN : DunAbhon / Scherben / Schluss (main)
Job : ArchMage (I/L) / Blaze Wizard / Lukless Bishop
Level : 123 / 48 / 2x
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-03-16
Mood : Ein Schatten liegt übers Land...

PostSubject: Re: Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol?   Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:36 pm

So how much of this hormone do YOU have, Kat? You've had like, 600 MS hubbies, haven't you?
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

Name : Martin
Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-04-20
Mood : ignorance is bliss.

inlove<3

PostSubject: Re: Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol?   Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:57 pm

I has lots of testosteron, as result, My voice is so deep you can hear me wishper from 2 blocks away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol?   Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watch out boys! Does your girl friend have high oestradiol?
Page 1 of 1