The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Monster Carnival Party Quest

Introduction

Monster Carnival Party Quest or commonly known as CPQ is the newest Party Quest released by Maple Story as of Version 0.52. The idea behind CPQ is to collect as much CP (Carnival Points) as you can by killing monsters on the map.

Carnival Points (CP) are used to summon monsters for your opponents to kill, summon SKILLS that affects your opponents, and summon PROTECTOR (Skill Buffs) on summoned monsters that are attacking your opponents.

NOTE: PROTECTOR (Skill Buffs) appears as towers. If you are the MapleRed then you destroy the BLUE TOWERS (A diamond sitting on top of a stand) and vice versa.

To win in CPQ is very simple. The team that gets the most Carnival Points within the time limit (10 minutes) WINS THE GAME!

Requirements

Level: 30-50

Party: Minimum of 2 (including you) up to 6 players.

*It’s highly recommended to have different classes in your Party*

Leading:

To Lead a CPQ party all you have to do is create your Party (of course). Click on Spiegelmann and all the different Maps will be shown to you. There are 6 maps in total. Some rooms may have a name beside it and what that means is that’s there’s a party already waiting in that room for a challenger. The name of the Party Leader will be shown to you and the AVG LVL of that Party.

To challenge that Party click on the Map and it will send a request to the Party Leader. Wait for a few seconds to see if the Party Leader accepts or declines your Challenge.

Note: If the Leader declines your request try a couple more times and if he/she still doesn't accept your challenge THEN STOP. Don’t sit there and keep sending request as it gets annoying.

Inside

Two things: Before Battle

First, if your Leader clicked into a free map, you’ll sit there and there’s a timer above you (its 3 minutes I think). Your Leader will be receiving invitations from parties. Once, your Leader accepts a Challenge the opposing Party will be entering the Map. The Battle will begin within 10 seconds.

Second, if you are the Challenger the Party Leader will be clicking on the opposing teams map (must be the same number of players on both team). Your Leader will be waiting for the Opposing Leader to accept the Challenge. If it’s accepted then you’ll be entering the Map immediately, and the Battle will begin within 10 seconds of entry.

During Battle:

Once inside the Battle Arena (my own name for it), there will be various monsters appearing on your screen. Kill all the monsters you see. Each of the monsters will drop HP and MP POTS as well as ALL CURES and the COVETED MAPLE COIN.

There’s no need to POT before going to CPQ. The only POTS that you are ALLOWED to use are the ones that are drop in CPQ. No need to HOT KEY them either because the moment you PICK UP A POT it automatically restores your HP AND MP.

NOTE: There will be some GIGANTIC LOOKING POTS. If you pick those up it automatically restores YOUR PARTY’S HP AND MP.

MAPLE COIN~ it’s used to trade for various items from Spiegelmann.[/size]

ORBS AND GIANT HP/MP POTS:

Carnival Point 1~ Increases Carnival Point by 1.
Spoiler:

Carnival Point 2 ~ Increases Carnival Point by 2.
Spoiler:

Carnival Point 3 ~ Increases Carnival Point by 3.
Spoiler:

Party Mana Elixir ~ Recovers 300 MP for all members of your party.
Spoiler:

Party Elixir ~ Recovers 50% of HP and MP for all members of your party.
Spoiler:

Party Power Elixir ~ Recovers all HP and HP for all members of your party.
Spoiler:

Party All Cure Potion ~ Cures any abnormal state affecting any members of your party.
Spoiler:

Mini Cube of Darkness ~ One of the members in the opposing party will have their buffs nullified.
Spoiler:

Cube of Darkness ~ Everyone in the opposing party will have their buffs nullified.
Spoiler:

Stunner ~ One of the members of the opposing party will be stunned.
Spoiler:

MAPS

[size=12]There are 6 Maps but only 3 types.

Map1: 2~4 players

Map 2: 2~4 players

Maps 1 & 2: Best map for lower levels. It’s a flat map with plaAtforms and ladders. SKILL BUFFS TOWERS (check what team color you are before destroying any of these towers. If you are in the BLUE TEAM then destroy the RED TOWERS) appears on these platforms. Default monsters on these maps are King Block Golem and Brown Teddies.
Spoiler:
Map 3: 2~4 players

Map 4: 2~4 players

Maps 3 & 4: Map is flat and has ladders leading to platforms where the Skill Buff Towers appear. Teams are separated by a wall. Default monsters on these maps are Toy Trojans and Bloctopus.

Map 5: 3~6 players

Map 6: 3~6 players

Map 5 & 6: (Large Maps) Best map for HIGHER LEVEL PARTIES. Default monsters are Rombots (bottom of the map) and Robos. You really need to pay attention on these maps. Skill Buffs Towers appears on the same platforms as the monsters, so be careful.

Once, in battle just keep chopping those monsters and have fun! Collect as much Carnival Points as you can. It’s up to your team on how to strategize. There are many ways of strategizing. But the key thing is at the beginning, kill as much monsters as you can, because the moment you get behind the harder it is for a come back. COMMUNICATION IS KEY TO CPQ. Also, just because there are tons of HP/MP DROPS doesn’t mean you should LOOT ALL OF IT. Unless you need it don’t loot it. Don’t be selfish, be a team player.

---------------
Map courtesy of Hidden-Street.net

Last edited by Mia on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Dammit...T_T

I'm working on a guide of my own...and you beat me too it...T_T

Oh well, I'll post mine when I'm done, along with tips, screenshots, and basic strategies for each stage.

PS: I didn't read the entire thing as I am going out soon. I was just checking the site real quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:41 pm

LMAO~ I'm not done...this is going to be edited a number of times. I do have all the SS for this guide, it's all at home. I'm just trying to pass the time at work.
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

Name : Pauline
IGN : Silmerra
Job : High Priestess
Level : 169
Number of posts : 1334
Mood : ~MoonLion~
Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 0161

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:59 pm

*applauding* Good job girlfriend! (Though it would helped much with some VISUALs...I know...I am real Nubz on this, and it would be much appreciated if you explain this in the fashion of a kindergarten teacher...>.>)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Can I use your guide sis? * sparkling eyes*

Dont tell her, if she says yet, Im gonna publish a book called:" CPQ for Dummies by Kat" with all her material. Muahaha ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:20 pm

LMAO~ Of course....what else are we going to do with it?!
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Girlfriend...go get a pair of eye glasses and read Kat's 'FINE PRINT'...*snickers*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Mia wrote:
LMAO~ Of course....what else are we going to do with it?!

Yay I got your permission. People, remember it plz.

Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 Bookaa10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:19 pm

I love my sis when she use her sport gogle to read the contract. Love ya sis ~ a lot more than yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:20 pm

O.O

I didn't see that PART....YOU SNEAKY
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:41 pm

OMGsh! Thank you Foxy for the VISUALS!

After reading the guides, I have come down to my very own Nubz conclusion: (Mind you, it's from a standpoint of a NOOB.)

1. Start chopping monsters as soon as you get in the map.
2. Pick up healing items when necessary.
3. Don't avoid weird looking orbs on the floor that monsters dropped. Get them, they won't bite.
4. Summon when the leader tells you, don't summon if you don't know squat.
5. Do NOT hug the wall at all time! Or you will be greatly frowned upon by party members...

I hope this simple guideline will shed some light for other Nubz. >.>
Back to top Go down
ArturoII

ArturoII

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : Bellocan
Job : Sniper
Level : 72
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:44 pm

Wow thanks alot marie, its a shame i cant participate on it because of my lvl ='(, have fun tho.
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Mood : Speechless!

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Well, if you want to CPQ, you could always create a second character specifically for CPQ. Also, if you ever need help, you can always ask someone in MapleRed. They'd be more than happy to help (usually, unless they have a party already. =/).
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:05 am

BUMP~ For those who needs to know what CPQ is
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Name : Rose (Rosie ~ by a few ppl)
IGN : SerrasAngels / RoseVenom / RancorRose / RamblinRose
Job : Bishop / FP Mage / Hermit / Ranger
Level : 16x / 13x / 10x / 10x
Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2007-12-07
Mood : Home Sick

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Note: to see what color team you are on, look at the upper left side of your screen, the color ON TOP, is your team color (very important to know when it comes to destroying the protector/towers, you dont want to destroy the wrong ones!!!)

Look at Marie's SS under the Maps section, see the box in the upper left side, in that game, that person's team color was BLUE. If the opposing team summoned Protector's (skill Buffs), then that person would destroy the RED Towers (crystals).

Yes, you CAN destroy your own team's Proctectors (skill Buffs)!!!!! That is why it is very important to know what team you are on (or you might not be on that team for very much longer!).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 7:47 pm

BUMP~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1   Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marie's CPQ GUIDE 101 Part 1
Page 1 of 1