The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

My MS finally broke

Go down 
+2
Hozama
NoobKing
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

My MS finally broke Empty
PostSubject: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:12 pm

I know what I did wrong, but I'm ashamed to say. Ok, fine -I ran a freakin Reg. Scrub program ok. I should have learned my lesson from a past experience with these types of Programs. Registry entries are just too sensitive to be messing around with. So I get what I deserve and I am gonna start re-formating my Windows XP tomorrow night when I get home from work. It usually takes me about 5-10 hours straight to reformat, so I'll hopefully see you Friday night...
Here's my Errors and yes I have deleted MapleStory and re-downloaded the Client after trying the Maual Patch which failed. I did spyware/virus scans, turned off Firewall, re-redownloaded Full Client, renamed my InstallShield and tried installing the Client to a different folder all to no avail:
Spoiler:
Retry and Ignore do nothing but keep popping up the same error screen until I press Abort then this is what I get:
Spoiler:
lol!

Last edited by N00bKing on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to laugh at myself)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm

wow u really redefine the term noob
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:31 pm

Before you used those programs, did you make a backup of your registry files?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:36 pm

I think when you extract MS client it extract to a temp folder. What you need to do is find that folder and delete it. Then run the set up again. Im not sure its under windows folder or what. If you want to down load the client again, down load it into a clean folder. If you are using a download manager, make sure you delete all temp/ un-finish files in it. Normally you dont have to do this, but in this case. Its kinda extreme cuz it was messed up by a NoobKing.

If you used a software to clean registry... it normally makes a back up. You can just restore it.

The best way to clean Registry is doing it manually. Under Run, type RegEdit and hit Enter. That will open the Registry Editor. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE. Looking thru all the softwares list. Remove all invalid softwares registry that you already Un-installed them but the registry still there.

Why does it take you 8-10 hours to reformat the PC? Did you turn off the system restore? If it takes that long to re-install your PC then you should use a back up software that you only back up manually so it wont slow down your system. I have quite a few back up softwares on my hand. I can recomend you some it you want.

Good luck Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:37 pm

CrisAngel wrote:
wow u really redefine the term noob

OMG I didnt know Cris is meaner than me....now I dont feel bad any more.
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:37 pm

yeah i did make a backup and put them on another HDD. When I executed the backups though, I got an error saying not all files will be replaced >.> -pretty stupid, huh?

Good suggestion tho =D
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Okay....um....what? o.O

You lost me after "Ok, fine-" >.>
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

N00bKing wrote:
yeah i did make a backup and put them on another HDD. When I executed the backups though, I got an error saying not all files will be replaced >.> -pretty stupid, huh?

Good suggestion tho =D

What did you use to restore it? That Reg cleaning software or manually? If you used that software, can you run it under SafeMode? Try SafeMode Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Katuzi wrote:
I think when you extract MS client it extract to a temp folder. What you need to do is find that folder and delete it. Then run the set up again. Im not sure its under windows folder or what. If you want to down load the client again, down load it into a clean folder. If you are using a download manager, make sure you delete all temp/ un-finish files in it. Normally you dont have to do this, but in this case. Its kinda extreme cuz it was messed up by a NoobKing.

If you used a software to clean registry... it normally makes a back up. You can just restore it.

The best way to clean Registry is doing it manually. Under Run, type RegEdit and hit Enter. That will open the Registry Editor. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE. Looking thru all the softwares list. Remove all invalid softwares registry that you already Un-installed them but the registry still there.

Why does it take you 8-10 hours to reformat the PC? Did you turn off the system restore? If it takes that long to re-install your PC then you should use a back up software that you only back up manually so it wont slow down your system. I have quite a few back up softwares on my hand. I can recomend you some it you want.

Good luck Jeremy.

Yeah I turned System Restore off before the ZRun. I only backed up my main files and not any programs or system files. Im not too familiar with Backup and System Restore, unfortunately so I dont know what they EXACTLY do. I know that sounds stupid, but they are really complex programs and I never understood what gets erased and what gets brought back and how... so i never used them

I will try to find that temp folder too.

thx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:44 pm

check and see if ur flux capacitor is working properly
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Katuzi wrote:
N00bKing wrote:

Good suggestion tho =D

What did you use to restore it? That Reg cleaning software or manually? If you used that software, can you run it under SafeMode? Try SafeMode Jeremy.

UGH, unfortunately my SafeMode has been waxed for a long time now (I get the Blue Screen of Death if I run SafeMode). I will try it again tho cuz I recently ran a Windows System Check and it said it found and restored 3 bad Sectors on my computer.
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:46 pm

CrisAngel wrote:
check and see if ur flux capacitor is working properly

OMG you were right, Mikey lol!
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:50 pm

I think that Jeremy got owned by his computer....right? o.O
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Jeremy, Jeremy.......dont re-format ur PC yet.
Try this 1 more please. Re-install Windows on top of the windows you are running. It will repair most damage.

It takes only 45 mins max for me to re-install windows which I have done only 1 times last 2 years. But it takes you 8-10 hours then you should try to install Windows on top of the one you are running. Its much faster and you dont have to re-install other programs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Loveable Kaze wrote:
I think that Jeremy got owned by his computer....right? o.O

I think after this he will call his PC:" my master". He wont dare to mess with is again. Muahaha
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Katuzi wrote:
Jeremy, Jeremy.......dont re-format ur PC yet.
Try this 1 more please. Re-install Windows on top of the windows you are running. It will repair most damage.

umm doesnt that wipe out all programs installed. Then i gotta go in and set up my router, set up my internet and find all the freakin sites i got bookmarked. find and install and update preventative maintanece programs (anti spyware/virus). blah blah blah
Right?
what am i missing, kat. can i really just Re-install Windows on top of the windows i am running and it will be that easy? I thought that was called re-formating Shocked

OH and LOL David, yes I got owned by my computer...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 pm

NO its not. Its much faster and you dont have to re-install all other programs.

I just googled to confirm my thought. Here are the links:

http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2109p156id111652.htm

http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=2969

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 pm

THX for the links kat.
BTW at least i know my Safe Mode is normal again and here are the Errors I get even while in Safe Mode:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by N00bKing on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:25 pm

According to the 2nd pix, you stil have several softwares running while RegScrub tried to restore them. You need to close those programs. If all already closed then you still to run: services.msc to terminate them. Then its safe to use RegScrub to restore.
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:03 am

Katuzi wrote:
According to the 2nd pix, you stil have several softwares running while RegScrub tried to restore them. You need to close those programs. If all already closed then you still to run: services.msc to terminate them. Then its safe to use RegScrub to restore.

the only thing it shows i have running is the folder that im in, the error window that is displayed and the Printkey2000 program im using to take screenie.
I went thru temp folders and deleted any traces of MS that i could find. I tried reinstalling, but i got another error so I'm redownloading the Client.
Spoiler:
This also seems appropriate here (again: editing courtesy of CrisAngel01):
Spoiler:

Last edited by N00bKing on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : im a big ol noob)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 am

Try CTrl+ Alt+ Del then click Processes. That will show all programs running on back ground.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Name : Rose (Rosie ~ by a few ppl)
IGN : SerrasAngels / RoseVenom / RancorRose / RamblinRose
Job : Bishop / FP Mage / Hermit / Ranger
Level : 16x / 13x / 10x / 10x
Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2007-12-07
Mood : Home Sick

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:49 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the NoobKing got PWNed by his computer!!! Laughing

Wow, Nice job on the glasses Mike! Ha, They are even tinted Cool

Good Luck on your computer Jermy!

PS...you can always save your Favorites. Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name here}\Favorites
Just copy those to somewhere safe off of your computer, after you get Windows going again (by whatever method), just put them back in that folder.
Back to top Go down
Brittini

Brittini

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : Novallie, LovesCreed, Brittini Baby
Job : F/P Wizard -:|:- Bandit -:|:- Lukless Cleric
Level : 8x -:|:- 3x -:|:- 3x
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-11-19
Mood : Is wanting a tattoo to bring something positive to what seems to be a permanently pained part of her body

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:37 pm

All I can say is GOOD LUCK.
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:16 pm

So anyway I've been working on this all day since this morning and have had nothing but problems. I didnt get rid of Service Pack and I.E before Repairing so I had problems with getting Windows Updates to work. I fixed that but now am getting errors with the updates. There are 57 initial Critical Updates (becuase it defaulted to Service Pack 1 and IE6).
I started the 'Repair' around 12:30 and got errors saying it couldnt find my "verified" files of my Audio Controller. It suggested I stop Installation, but I thought that would cause some type of Critical Error since it was already about half way through so I continued on. Then it couldnt locate Service Pack 1 Files and I.E 6 files. I cancelled through all those errors as well. Finally got done with it and it hung up on Boot Up, so I did a Hard Reboot.
Then I had to get Service Pack 2 installed as well as all the Critical Windows Updates. Windows was giving me an error that it couldnt access Windows Updates, so I had to google it and ultimately add 'BITS' to the Registry. Now I can finally start Critical Updates.
I started around 2pm
Spoiler:
it took a long time to initialize the first set of updates (which were verification Updates to start the real Critical Updates - UGH)
An hour later I'm only less than 10% into the Critical Updates:
Spoiler:
Almost 4 hours later after starting my Updates I'm only at 20 of 56 and I get an error and have to start all over:
Spoiler:
As of now It's 8:15pm and I'm only 9 of 56 and most likely going to get the same error again. I'm expecting to do a fresh reinstall. This sux.
OH and I found out while I was in Regedit that there were old Nexon and Wizet folders filled with tons of MS Registry Entries. I have deleted MS from my computer so I deleted all of these old Registry Entries. That was probably my only problem to begin with. This is a lesson learned for me.

Last edited by N00bKing on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:35 pm

I dont know why im documenting this scratch
But anyway i think im gonna be ok. I restarted the Updates and im at 36/56. I just dont understand why it's going so slow. I opened Task Manager to see if it was using all the power available, but my CPU usage is only averaging about 20% or so... These Updates are only 36MB, yet its taking so long to download them. I was watching when I was downloading MS the other day and it was just under 200KB/sec transfer which is pretty good - so it's not like my download speed is slow.
As long as I dont get anymore freakin errors, I'll be happy.

Last edited by N00bKing on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My MS finally broke   My MS finally broke I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My MS finally broke
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next