The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

What is with all the cleric abuse?

Go down 
+4
Loveable Kaze
Hozama
ManlySuperTaco
Slymeister
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Slymeister

Slymeister

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : Mahamarue
Job : PA Spearman
Level : 6x
Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-07-05
Mood : Eeh...

What is with all the cleric abuse? Empty
PostSubject: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:03 pm

For sometime I notice this a fair amount.

When you are PQing or training with a Cleric or Priest, the same thing tends to come up a bit.

You died because he didnt heal you, and then you and others get mad at the cleric or priest.

In my own opinion, I say they are not at fault.
It is YOUR responsibility to heal if you tak damage.

If you start relying more and more on cleric's heal, you are more then likely not going to survive in the world with out PQ's or training.

If you are to lazy to heal yourself... Then dont even bother playing the game.

Sure getting a cleric for a PQ is good, but not nessesary.
Same goes for Spearman with Hyper Body and Bandits/Assassins with Haste.
Those 3 skills are looked for the most for PQ's... Yet you dont need them to complete the PQ

There is also an example I wanna say about the subject...
When we were GPQing, I went into the Gargoyle room where Clara was.
I moved to far away and got hit, and came out of Dark Sight to heal.
I got hit and died. Not Clara's fault. It's my fault cause I didnt heal myself fast enough.

I guess state your own opinion on the subject if you wanna.
Back to top Go down
ManlySuperTaco

ManlySuperTaco

Name : Alex, Maude
IGN : TeryakHizak, AaronHizaki, LordHizaki, AaronHizakii
Job : Bishop, Crusader, Sin, Dawn Warrior
Level : 12x, 7x, 4x, 4x
Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-08-01
Mood : Hot girls are evil...

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:16 pm

It's the same thing with rage. If you don't rage your party your leader might get mad and kick you. It's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Unless your party leader is a mage. Or you're in ludi pq with crappy rage and they use pills. Then they might tell you to stop.

And Simon haste IS necessary for opq. Thought I'd throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
Slymeister

Slymeister

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 pm

@ Alex,
Thats for adding the Fighter with Rage part.
I totally forgot about them.

@ Steve,
I dont know much on OPQ.
So can you tell me how Haste is needed in OPQ please?
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 pm

You need Haste for OPQ because of the Lobby stage and the cloud stage. Both of these places have jumps a non haster can't make, even a mage with max Tele can't make them because they're on an angle or from a rope onto a platform.

And I agree with TC, I was bashed brutaly during LPQs because my party members would not heal in time, or do stupid things that place me and themselves at risk. One of the most stupid things people do in LPQs is run BEHIND the boss, away from me and the rest of the party members. The boss turns around, plows them for massive damage and when they die, blame me for not running through the boss and leaving the rest of the party behind in order to heal them. Sometimes the unforseen happens and I die, say my anti-virus decides to do an update and I can't do anything about it. I lose an hours work, I don't need anyone else yelling at me. I could go on, but then I'd never stop.
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:00 pm

@Hozama's Signature: I'm making Fruit Cake, because no one seems to like it but me. =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Sashi

Sashi

IGN : SashiFist
Job : BRAWLER!!!!
Level : 4x
Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:35 pm

this...THISS!!!!is exactly why i dont play my cleric......
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/eggandyman
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:42 pm

I stopped LPQing around 42, just because the abuse and cost of pots wasn't worth it. People have NO respect for clerics around lv 30ish. It gets mostly better at higher levels, at least people don't call me names anymore, or threaten me, or boot me out of the party, or summon things to kill me or... (This continues for a long time) not to mention having sweaty socks thrown at me, or wedgies.... Um, I seem to have lost my train of thought. Oh, right, Cleric bashing.

People at low to mid levels simply don't have the experience and understanding of what a cleric has to go through. Dosn't excuse their behavour, but just keep a hate list. I do. When someone who has treated me like dirt in the past asked for my help, I say no, or if I'm in a really mean moon, say yes, then let them die (Havn't done this one yet).
Back to top Go down
ManlySuperTaco

ManlySuperTaco

Name : Alex, Maude
IGN : TeryakHizak, AaronHizaki, LordHizaki, AaronHizakii
Job : Bishop, Crusader, Sin, Dawn Warrior
Level : 12x, 7x, 4x, 4x
Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-08-01
Mood : Hot girls are evil...

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:57 pm

That's basically what I did. It seems that sometimes that in LPQ, people don't care about you, they just want your skil effects. It's so annoying, so when ever I hear: "RAGE!" I literaly scream...
Back to top Go down
ArturoII

ArturoII

IGN : Bellocan
Job : Sniper
Level : 72
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:15 am

And if they tell you 'Rage please <3<3<3'
Back to top Go down
Matti

Matti

Name : Matti / Mattie
IGN : xTRLNLTYx
Job : Priest
Level : 71
Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2007-07-03
Mood : Happy

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:35 pm

yeah, i was playing the other day, and im the only cleric, and some of the party members will go to one side of alishar and some will go to the other side. D: i have to tele back and forth with magic guard, which kills my mp. then this girl died, and she got hecka mad D: oh well i love lpq too much to stop :D
Back to top Go down
Slymeister

Slymeister

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Matti, with that prob...
I see it alot...

Just tell the people who do that its there fault for going to far away from you for you to heal them.

And I gotta LPQ with you before I hit 51
Back to top Go down
Matti

Matti

Name : Matti / Mattie
IGN : xTRLNLTYx
Job : Priest
Level : 71
Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2007-07-03
Mood : Happy

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Lol as i read that i am on the trip back to orbis D:
Back to top Go down
Yachi

Yachi

Name : Chinny
IGN : YachiruChin
Job : Night Lord
Level : 14x
Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-10-03
Mood : ^__^

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:54 am

Yah yah.. it's not your fault if people go out of healing range and end up dead.. and it's not nice how they rudely ask people about spammimg healing and casting buffs.

On the other hand.. if you are in a party you should always do what is best for your party.
For clerics.. without a doubt.. spam healing is the best thing they can do to help. At least on Bosses.
Taking Alishar as an example. Why would anyone invite a cleric that can barely damage Alishar? Even level 50 clerics do meaningless damage to it, but when they heal everyone can attack without stopping.. making it much faster... and making everyone happy. =P
So if you're a cleric.. and you're in a party... have in mind you're most usefull when you're healing people. =]

About buffs.. always make sure all your party members have haste, bless, rage, HB etc... and re-cast them when you see they're running out.
You know they all want it... and if you can.. why not help them with it? Do it before they have to ask.. and you won't get shouted. =]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:59 am

Although it can be noted that NO mages deal decent damage to Alishar, as all three branches should use magic claw due to Alishar's elemental resistance. Really the only reason any magician gets to lpq is to heal if it's a cleric and to do the mage portals in the two stages requiring (suggesting, in the case of the darkness stage) mages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the cleric abuse?   What is with all the cleric abuse? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is with all the cleric abuse?
Page 1 of 1