The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Meet -n- Greet??

Go down 
+3
Itz 2khmer
bakabozo
Starla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Starla

Starla

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : Bellocan
Job : Hermit
Level : 8x
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:44 am

Okay, I passed this idea on to Marie a few days ago and I'm not sure if she mentioned it to Pauline or Kat but I was wondering what you all thought about having a small guild type party just to get to know all our newest members. I've noticed a lot of people coming and going in the last week or two, and maybe its because I've been training my tail off to keep ahead of the race from Jeremy (I will never let you catch up to me!! EVERRR! hahaha) but it's gotten to the point where I feel like I don't know anyone new that's joined up! Being in a guild so large, it can be overwhelming and maybe even intimidating to get to know each and every single person, especially when you're so new... and, unfortunately, some people are left feeling like outsiders and then contemplate quitting. I've been there too, so I know how it goes! I love this guild because it's treated me like a family and would love to make others feel just as welcome. What do you all think? :]

Opinions, suggestions, ideas, and comments please ;]

xo, Chrissy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 5:37 pm

I have mentioned this to Pauline already!

Used the Blog under members corner.
Back to top Go down
bakabozo

bakabozo

Name : NOM YOFACE
IGN : conniebozo & bakagirlPM
Job : Night Lord & Shadower
Level : Retired
Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 5:59 pm

goooooooood idea :)
Back to top Go down
Itz 2khmer

Itz 2khmer

IGN : 2Khmer
Job : Happy Priest
Level : 80 somethin
Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Ninja!

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:49 pm

WHO ARE YOU!!!

jk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aaron2azn
Starla

Starla

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:49 am

Shane quit last night after the first GPQ cause he said it was "awkward when you barely know anyone." I tried explaining that it's going to take lots of time buuut well...wasn't going to force him into staying if he wasn't happy. It's not the first time I've heard something along those lines from people who have left. I just feel bad that people feel ignored. Crying or Very sad I wanna get to know everyone too!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:43 am

Starla wrote:
Shane quit last night after the first GPQ cause he said it was "awkward when you barely know anyone."

What?!?!
Have he ever joined any guild before? Isnt he your buddy? Last night before the GPQ, he talked to another buddy of his and mentioned that he will soon join another guild. If he felt lost in a guild then why not make a guild that full of buddies or join smaller guild?. He already made up his mind to join other guild so let this go. I wish him all the happiness in that guild.
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

Name : Pauline
IGN : Silmerra
Job : High Priestess
Level : 169
Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : ~MoonLion~
Meet -n- Greet?? 0161

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:28 am

It takes time to get to know EVERYONE in a guild with 100 members. Quite frankly, I don't know many of the members who sign on nowadays if they rarely participate in the guild chat.

There's little chance that we hold a party each time when a new member joins us; however, as Marie pointed out, they are encouraged to use this forum to introduce themselves so we can all get to know each other better.

I am sorry to know that some members feel ignored. There were times when the guild chat was just being spammed too much. Unfortunately, I expect that the same thing will happens when we hold a guild party. Most likely there will be too many people talking at once and no one has been really heard. Nevertheless, I am more than happy to meet and greet any new members!
Back to top Go down
Brittini

Brittini

IGN : Novallie, LovesCreed, Brittini Baby
Job : F/P Wizard -:|:- Bandit -:|:- Lukless Cleric
Level : 8x -:|:- 3x -:|:- 3x
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-11-19
Mood : Is wanting a tattoo to bring something positive to what seems to be a permanently pained part of her body

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 am

I completely understand where that Shane kid came from. It's the fact that everyone is so buddy buddy that it's intimidating to try to talk since you feel like the outsider. The reason why I say joining this guild is a little different then first joining other guilds is that names are a big thing in Aeons. I personally love that, but that's besides the point. When you see that nearly everyone (at the time) knows everyone else's name, it's easy to feel intimidated by being in such a guild.

I almost quit in the beginning since I felt like I couldn't get in with such a close-knit group. Getting to OPQ with some of the members and getting acknowledged by some of the members in the guild chat is actually what kept me here.

Now, I love Aeons and miss everyone. Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:01 pm

well...im in the FM in cc13 alot so if u need 2 no anything or just want 2 talk...im there almost all the time =D
:Smiey2:
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm

I only know a few members from a long time ago, so it would be helpful for someone new to the guild like me to have a chance to meet some new people in an enviroment not pestered by monsters wanting to kill me. Wow, long sentance.
Back to top Go down
Starla

Starla

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 am

Ohhh no, I definitely don't think that we can hold a party of sorts each and every time someone joins. That would be kinda crazy, we'd be holding parties every day almost! Hahaha. But since there are sooo many new people who have recently joined and all seem to be very active and I'm the kind of person who gets to know people by hanging out with them. It's just hard to individually hang out with every person... not to mention, I don't want to creep anyone out by randomly showing up on the same map they're in.

Pauline - what you said about not knowing who signs on nowadays... that's what I mean. I'm seeing tons of new IGNs but have NO clue who they are. It's hard to keep up anymore. That's partially my own fault, as I have my own buddy list spamming like crazy constantly and I can hardly keep up with chats T.T

Kat, about Shane - yeah, I saw him talk about leaving and making the guild with another friend. He knew I'd be upset, I just didn't think he would leave so soon. He's much happier in his newer guild though, and that's all that matters to me. ;]

And Britt...WE MISS YOU TOO!! :]

Mehh, so I don't know. Guild Christmas party maybe? To encourage the new members to come along and get to know everyone else? That's all I can think of. Question
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:16 am

Just so everyone knows - Im shy until i get to know you. I dont multitask very well and i mainly concentrate on EXP. Please dont feel im ignoring you if i dont say hi, cuz it just means im either training and am not looking at any chatz or probably doing a basil deal or muling.
Pauline made a WONDERFUL Thread in the "Members" section (i think) with a lot of guildmember names.
Im very thankful for this Guild and everyone in it. It's really the only Guild I can feel comfortable in. Everybody is special here (even Aaron and Jason - jk guys hehe)!
Back to top Go down
Starla

Starla

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 am

Jeremy? SHY?!!!!!!! lawls.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the EXP. Since hitting 3rd job, I've either been doing training or going off exploring further into Maple (the scarier places) and can't chat cause there's always a good chance of dying in those areas.

Btw, this post is by no means a personal attack against the guild or anyone in particular, and I hope that no one took it as such. The slumber party was lots of fun, even if I fell asleep super early. I guess I just wanted to do something fun as a guild again and get to know the newer members in the process of doing so. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet -n- Greet?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet -n- Greet??   Meet -n- Greet?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet -n- Greet??
Page 1 of 1