The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ Empty
PostSubject: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:10 am

I found out about PirateJing and his reknown Guide thru Hiasashi's Thief Poll.
I wrote him on Basil and even though I was half expecting not to get an answer at all, he actually did write me back (briefly). Heres the conversation so far (but I would also like all your help on this as well):

[quote=SpeedyBall] Nov 30, 11:08am:
Vanilla (PirateJing),
I just found out about your STR CB Guide and am very excited about this. I’ve been playing Maple for just over a year now and have 3 Mains in Bellocan (Basil ID SpeedyBall). I've always been confused on all the different stat combo builds in this game (i.e. DEXless, no DEX, low DEX, LUKless, HP Pure and , of course, STR Dit). Now that I personally feel that Thieves are the dominating Class of MS, I have taken a great interest in the differing stat combos of this particular class. I have also learned a great deal by being an active member in my current Guild, Aeons. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful that I have never had a problem discussing my stupid questions with them at all. They are how I found out about your Guide.
I started out Spearman and got to around lvl42 before making an I/L Wiz. I got him to around the same lvl when I made my first Sin and lvl’d him to 31. In between all this I had always had another thief character, but he was always just a mule with tons of stored items. I started becoming very intrigued in various Thief Builds so I “De-Muled” my other Thief and made a SinDit out of him. I am currently lvl55. I will easily be ready for 3rd job advancement as a STR CB. I plan to OPQ straight to 3rd job, thus allowing me to easily transition from normal Dit to STR Dit.
That said, I have a few questions about your STR CB Guide. If I end up scrolling my items, would I go for STR, DEX, or LUK? What do I scroll for and what do I scroll? And when would be the best times to do all this – at what lvls?
I appreciate your Guide and willingness to keep it updated even though you aren’t playing Maple anymore???!!! I very much hope you will take the time to respond to this email. I’m very excited about this and expect to be CB in a month or so!
Respectfully,
Jeremy A. Ball (DiscipLeSin2)
Basil ID: SpeedyBall

[quote=vanilla] Dec 01, 7:10am:
Save up for when you're level 80+. That way, you won't outgrow your gear.
When you are level 80+, save up for a Cursayer.
The rest, just have them really nicely scrolled.

I just sent this back to him:
LOL wow well at least you answered. im kinda unclear about what you are getting at, tho.
you say "Save up for when you're level 80+. That way, you won't outgrow your gear." What do you mean by this exactly? Save up points or save up mesos? In other words I guess I'm not sure whether you thought it was a bad idea that i am just now starting to "catch up" to your Guide while I'm lvl55.
There's also a new lvl70 Dagger ingame from the new iTradingCardGame called a Nebula Dagger which gives a default STR boost of +2, but ATK is only 82 as opposed to the Curslayer's 90. Should i be concerned about trying to get this new Nebula Dagger or just go for the Curslayer?. The Neb.Dagger requires STR 55 & DEX 110.
Also, you say "When you are level 80+, save up for a Cursayer. The rest, just have them really nicely scrolled", but what should "them" be scrolled for in order to be the strongest possible STR CB (STR, LUK, or DEX)? Im guessing LUK from reading your Guide. I also dont understand why you would want to reset your AP at lvl100 (after getting the Zakum Helm. (lvl50)) and then switch from Green Pirate Set to Dark Pirate Set, thus dropping your STR from 80 to 65 & DEX from 147 to 130 while increasing LUK from 324 to 395.
thanks again,
Jeremy

He just wrote me back:
[quote=vanilla] Dec 01, 2:01pm
Save up meso forwhen it matters most.
Cursayer is a better option. 2 AP isn't worth 8 W.ATK.
Shoes, Gloves, Cape, Earring, Hat, Shield.. the norm.
It's up to you how you want to do it. I just switched 'cause it looks nice.. I suppose. When you get there, you'll figure it out yourself.
Zakum Helmet makes you able to reset a LOT of points. :]

Last edited by on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:20 am

any help would be appreciated on this
Back to top Go down
Slymeister

Slymeister

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : Mahamarue
Job : PA Spearman
Level : 6x
Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-07-05
Mood : Eeh...

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:13 pm

I'll gladely help you out with your question Jeremy...

Just what was the question again? XD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 am

Normally ppl would scroll their stuffs at lvl 70. If you have lot of money, then go at 60. If you are super poor then go at 80.

There are 3 types of Thief: Normal, Dexless and Low Dex.

For Dexless, you only scroll your stuffs with LUK. Your base dex will always be 25. For some extreme players, they will even go further by use AP reset, to reset all 25 DEX to 4 DEX. those 21 extra DEX will be converted to LUK. The dagger or claw they can use is Kandayo or Mapple Wagner, for the rest of their life.

For Low Dex, this is very comom practice. You will try to scroll all your armor with DEX. Let say if you are lvl 60, you will need 100 DEX. You try to scroll or buy a snow shoes with 15 DEX. Your cape with 10 DEX your earring with 10 DEX and your Sauna robe or clothes with 20 DEX that 55 extra DEX you will have. So you only need 45 base DEX, the rest will go to LUK or STR.

To your 2nd question; if you are lucky enough to get a Zakum at type1 which will give you about 15 of LUK, INT, DEX and STR. That will be 15 extra DEX you will have. and let say your equipts is maxed, you dont need any more higher lvl Equipts. Now you will use AP reset to reset that 15 extra DEX to LUK. AP reset is so expensive, $4 per points. For 15 points that $60.

When you reach to lvl 70, you will figure this out much easier. So there are 3 items you can scroll or buy now are: Earrings, Snow shoes and Cape. The rest, wait til you reach 70 then you will scroll them.

Hopefully i didnt confuse you more. ASk me anything if you still not sure.
Back to top Go down
Slymeister

Slymeister

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:53 am

Along with what Kat said about the 3 types of thiefs...

All Str Bandits come level 40 are short 5 Luk to wear the Armor

What they would tend to do is scroll a dagger (60%),
Use Shoes and Gloves that give a Luk boost, and if your rich, scroll your cape for luk as well

Hope this little info helps a bit =P
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:23 am

Thank you both a lot for helping me answer my questions. :)

yes i have plenty of qestions left... not cuz you didnt explain it right but because im slow to grasping the concepts i think.

OK, first, why go STR Bandit from the beggining? Are they taht much more powerful than a reg. Bandit at lvl30-50? I hear they are best right after 100.

Second, why Snowshoes? why are these so popular? If im gonna opq to 3rd job, should i just wait til lvl70 to get my equips and if yes, would i still want Snowshoes?

Third, what lvl do you need to be to get your own Z. Helm without having to pay the 120M for that good one?

There's plenty more questions, i just cant think of them right now.

BTW, with Assaulter, STR CB's do 10k Dmg. after lvl100 and easily pour out 1k Savage Blows :D
I cant wait for ME, too...
Back to top Go down
Slymeister

Slymeister

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 am

To answer these question for you...

Str Bandits in the beggining are slightly weaker do to the fact of lower Luk, But they are also a bit stronger at level 25. Most Str Bandits reach there full power at around level 100, but that is IF they hit level 100.

Many theifs will choose SnowShoes over the normal theif shoes due to the fact that they have 7 slots. Which means they can get extra stats from them. But dont quote me about the SnowShoes.

And for the Z-Helm, Vanilla recived his at 100...
Which is kinda funny how. I'll get the link to the Vid for it.
Back to the point. Most Str Bandits will try for the Z-Helm at level 100. If they dont wanna pay, they look for a guild that does Z-Runs.

Best part of a Str Bandit is when you hit level 90, you dont really need to buy new armor and weapons. Cause you'll have your Pirate set, and your Cusresayer.
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:53 pm

thx Zimon :D . Id also like to know more about the snowshoes.
KAT why dont you get a Z. Helm?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:27 am

DiscipLeSin2 wrote:

KAT why dont you get a Z. Helm?

Sadly CB is no longer the wanted in Z-run. If I want to do a Z-run, i need to be at least 105 to have both MG and ME maxed. Or I need 100 mil to buy 1, can somebody sponsor me plz? Well, I am no longer play that CB any way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ   STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STR Chief Bandit HELP PLZ
Page 1 of 1