The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Wanna Play a Game?

Go down 
+6
Scuza
Elismerra
NoobKing
fongdogs2
Sashi
Loveable Kaze
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:28 pm

Well, I've been planning this for some time now. I've devised a game in which ALL guild members are able to take part in. The prize, as you may have guessed, is an NX Cash Card code (unused...>.>). It's a simple game, really, it is.....at first... Twisted Evil

You see, I've tried long and hard to figure out some of the greatest challenges of the mind, some of which require critical thinking, others simply require you to think outside of the box. It's not hard to play, but winning, against all other members of this large family, may be difficult.

There will be more than one prize, so if you do not win, don't be discouraged. I may be posting new challenges about every month or two, so keep watch, as I won't tell anyone when I've made an update. The prize will always be 10k NX, as I will be doing this multiple times (maybe).

Edit: Once you have one a challenge, you are unable to win another prize, even if you give away your own prize (don't complain, it's your choice). This will allow everyone a chance to play.

Challenge One:

You are walking down a road when he comes to a fork. Both directions lead over a hill, so he is unable to see where they lead. In front of him are two men. They look identical, down to the smallest detail. Between them sits a sign. The sign reads:

"Before you lie two roads, one leads to a paradise of unparalleled perfection, the other leads to a land of unending torrment and hellish nightmares. Once you pass beyond this point, there is no turning back, so choose wisely. Of the two men before you, one speaks only truths, and the other only lies. You are allowed one question of them, and one only, then you must pick your path."

You look at the two men standing before you, pondering what question to ask them before continuing. Struck with inspiration, you ask...

What do you ask them?

ANSWERED!

Challenge Two:

I hold here something of great value. A bottomless container that holds only flesh, blood, and bone. What is it?

ANSWERED!

Challenge Three:

(This challenge is a multi-part challenge. You must answer all of the riddles correctly to win.)

1.) A man is found dead in a room with 53 bicycles and a table. How did he die?

2.) A man and a woman are traveling down a road, when suddenly, the car breaks down. The man instructs the woman to lock the doors and not let anyone else into the car while he goes for help. When he returns, he finds her dead in the car with a stranger. The doors are still locked, and there are no signs of forced entry. How did this happen?

3.) Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it, five in the middle is seen. First of figures, the first of all letters take up their stations between. Join them together and then you will bring before you the name of a great future king.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Sashi

Sashi

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : SashiFist
Job : BRAWLER!!!!
Level : 4x
Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Wow. This is a rare occacion.

I would actually think the opposite of what most "people"might think. I think the evil one is the truthful one. To determine this i will ask him if he had sudden "strange" events. If he says yes i would accept if not, i would punch him and run to the other side.

i love these make more. I like mental Challanges. This one took me a while to think out.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/eggandyman
fongdogs2

fongdogs2

Name : Mister Jason~
IGN : fongdogs2
Job : Hermit
Level : 8x
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-21
Mood : Platypi?

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm

I DONT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:02 am

I would ask:

"If I ask the other man, which road would he indicate leads to paradise?"

Then I would take the opposite road. Regardless of whom I ask, they'll point to the wrong road!!

Am I right Dave???
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:22 am

I don't get your answer Jeremy?!?!scratch Can you please explain that?

I'm just curious because it took me a while to figure this out!

NVM...I figured out your answer! There's something wrong with your question though! Because you didn't consider the answer of the "LIAR".

~Marie~
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:29 am

dangit Marie, you win then. Im deleting my Post cuz now i feel dumb Sad
whaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:30 am

NOOOOOOOOO....don't delete it!!! I'm sorry didn't mean to do that!Sad

~Marie~
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:04 am

Yep, ive been thinking about it and im reposting it and rewording it.
BTW - if i ever win any of these (which i highly doubt i will) Im gonna give the code away to an active guildmate who has never had NX or is very limited to the NX they are able to get :)
Here we go (i typed this up after deleting the original answer):

First of all, David, is it assumed that the truthful man stands next to the road that leads to paradise and that the liar stands next to the road that leads to torment?
If so, then there are a multitude of questions you could ask them, but im only gonna ask one like you say:

*points to sign in between the two men*
Does this sign read "Before you lie two roads, one leads to a paradise of unparalleled perfection, the other leads to a land of unending torrment and hellish nightmares. Once you pass beyond this point, there is no turning back, so choose wisely. Of the two men before you, one speaks only truths, and the other only lies. You are allowed one question of them, and one only, then you must pick your path."?

I would then choose the path of the man that answers YES to this question because the Liar would answer no, therefor leading me to torment.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:08 am

That's a great idea Jeremy (giving away the NX to someone younger) :D

Last comment on this I promise (since you made me feel bad about it Embarassed ): ??????? scratch

Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:13 am

its ok, you just had me second guessing myself for about 20 mins is all LOL
There's nothing wrong with making me think - I need that more than you know, Marie :o (thinking that is)
so dont feel bad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:17 am

Thanks! But I still do!

However, I like to "discuss" riddles!

There's still a flaw to your question! You're just asking who's the "LIAR" and who is "TRUTHFUL"! You didn't ask which road to take! Also, you can't assume who's standing in front of the roads because it defeats the purpose of the riddle!

I'M SORRY I SWEAR I'M SORRY! Crying or Very sad Last one I promise!

~Marie~

Last edited by on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

Name : Pauline
IGN : Silmerra
Job : High Priestess
Level : 169
Number of posts : 1334
Mood : ~MoonLion~
Wanna Play a Game? 0161

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:33 am

Very clever Jeremy! However, what if they aren't stand on the assumed road? o.O
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Marie wins. Jeremy, your idea was clever, but since it was still only an assumtion, you still had a 50/50 chance of picking the wrong path. This riddle is quite old, as it's been featured in many old stories, and even in more modern shows, such as Yu-Gi-Oh (Para and Dox in the Pegasus Tournament) and in Samuria Jack (With the two headed wish granting monster). Marie, I should be able to get the code Friday, and it will be sent to you via PM.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Awesome!! 👅

But just like Jeremy said, I will donate the NX to someone who has never had NX before or is limited to it! (GREAT IDEA BTW)!!!

What an excellent idea for a game Dave! Hope you have more! :D

~Marie~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Dang... I knew the answer to the first one. I've been telling a riddle similar to it for years now. D:
Back to top Go down
Sashi

Sashi

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:55 pm

wow confusing i have a headache nao
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:01 pm

Wow! I know the answer to the 2nd riddle, only because that's an old one as well! But I'll excuse myself on this unless of course no one knows! silent

Good luck everybody!

~Marie~

Back to top Go down
Sashi

Sashi

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Miamia wrote:
Awesome!! 👅

But just like Jeremy said, I will donate the NX to someone who has never had NX before or is limited to it! (GREAT IDEA BTW)!!!

~Marie~

im limited to it, VERY LIMITED.
Back to top Go down
Scuza

Scuza

IGN : Bellocan
Job : Assassin
Level : FINALLY LEVEL 50
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:09 pm

Hiasashi wrote:
Miamia wrote:
Awesome!! 👅

~Marie~

im limited to it, VERY LIMITED.

I've never (NEVER) had NX. -.-
Btw, is the answer to #2 a Heart?
It holds love, (Which is important (Last I checked)) And is a container of blood.
Or maybe it's an outfit (of clothes)?
It holds a person, which is important, along with the other three things.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:55 pm

I'm relatively limited in NX, but I have, in my history of Maple, had a total of $75 worth. Right now I'm trying to go buy some so I can afford a wedding. <.<
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm

HAHA, thx marie and David and Pauline- I tried. I knew Marie had it, but wanted to make sure there wasn't more than one possibility - thats why I asked the question of assuming. Good job, Marie and very admirable you are willing to help someone out with the NX...
Im stumped on the second one (not that great at riddles and puzzles) - gonna ponder this while i PQ ;)
Back to top Go down
Sashi

Sashi

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:39 pm

i think the second one is a baby or, an infinite votex of doom filled with blood flesh and bone o.o but i think its a baby
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:58 pm

So far, no one has guessed correctly on Challenge Two. Keep trying. =D
Back to top Go down
Sashi

Sashi

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 pm

I KNOW LIFE! it always replaces flesh and blood with the kidney and the bones heal over time!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:25 pm

This is a stupid idea, but could it be a womb...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wanna Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna Play a Game?   Wanna Play a Game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna Play a Game?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next