The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Nexon America announces record-breaking July

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

Nexon America announces record-breaking July Empty
PostSubject: Nexon America announces record-breaking July   Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:40 am

Nexon America announces record-breaking July, increases revenues 35 percent over July 2008

Nexon America announced a record-breaking month of growth throughout its portfolio of games in July, and posted a huge 35 percent increase in revenues when compared to the same time last year.

Leading the way for Nexon America’s growth is its blockbuster hit MapleStory, a massively multiplayer online role playing game. MapleStory set a new record in July, with more than 70,000 max concurrent users. This marks continued growth for the North American service, which has more than six million registered users and is part of MapleStory’s 92 million total worldwide.

While most of the video games industry has been mired with losses this year – the NPD Group reported industry revenues dropped 29 percent for July compared to July of 2008, Nexon America has been aggressively marketing its products with a positive result.

“The economy has been tough on great deal of the games industry, but we fought hard to retain our customers and to bring in as many new players as possible,” said Min Kim, Nexon America’s vice president of marketing. “We’re heavily investing on all fronts -- in our games, our publishing platform, aggressive marketing efforts as well as customer service. The best news for Nexon America is that our success isn’t just reflected in registered users, but in actual, dramatic revenue growth.”

In July, Nexon America conducted a marketing campaign for its fantasy MMOG, Mabinogi, with advertising across the internet. Nexon America also ran a major television campaign for and included commercials before blockbuster movies in theaters during July. A campaign for its popular first-person shooter, MapleStoryCombat Arms, is currently underway.

Also, during the last week of July, Nexon America added major content updates to MapleStory, Mabinogi and Combat Arms, and plans to launch Dungeon Fighter Online later this year. Nexon also announced its plans for Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), which will mark the company’s first major involvement in a consumer trade show. Nexon will continue to lead the way in the free-to-play gaming market in the coming months with an aggressive rebranding initiative called BlockParty, which will unite Nexon America’s games and players together in a way never before achieved in the North American market.

“We are serious about making Nexon the top brand in online gaming, and we are not backing on down our efforts to deliver more content to our customers or aggressively work to attract new players,” said Kim. “We pioneered the free-to-play business model when we brought MapleStory to North America in 2005. With the slew of new games we have planned and the BlockParty initiative, which will bring players together like never before, we will continue to be the leader in this market for years to come.”

source link
Back to top Go down
DKsDragon

DKsDragon

Name : Steve
IGN : DKsDragon, BigKnuckles, DKsEvan, FEARandHOPE
Job : Dark Knight, Buccaneer, Evan, Dawn Warrior
Level : 151, 131, 125, 120
Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2008-04-29
Mood : if you see this and want to contact me, use discord:
deekay#1690

PostSubject: Re: Nexon America announces record-breaking July   Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:19 am

Just shows what we gamers can do when we all have a certain frame of mind. Now lets band together and all refuse to buy any more nx until they fix all of the problems with maplestory; show them who has the real power!
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: Nexon America announces record-breaking July   Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:34 am

the increase in revenue reflects a general satisfaction among maplers and nexon will surely work to maintain it. glitches remain limited and bearable compared to other games of its kind.

btw i noticed the term aggressive was used almost in every paragraph lol quite aggressive
Back to top Go down
Hero4Ever

Name : your friendly hero
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Nexon America announces record-breaking July   Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:35 am

lol. dan has a point here. I played a few other MMos. They really are crap T_T there a few that beat ms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexon America announces record-breaking July   Nexon America announces record-breaking July I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexon America announces record-breaking July
Page 1 of 1