The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

End of the internet?

Go down 
+3
WolfyGod
NoobKing
Hozama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

End of the internet? Empty
PostSubject: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 am

I don't know how many of you have heard recently about the internet filling up, so I'll try to post what I know.

Despite what a lot of people think, the internet is a physical thing, or at least, the places where the internet is stored are physical. In recent years, the volume of crud on the internet has far exceded projections of the major internet-providing corperations. In fact, there is so much being added every day and many companies estimate that they won't be able to keep up with the demand for servers. Unknown to most people, Google is the number one computer manufacturer in the world. They have to build their own servers constantly in order to keep up. An average Google server is the size of a shipping crate, and they're having to churn out a new one every couple days.

Projections estimate that the physical space for the internet might reaching its limit by 2010. I'm fairly certain we don't all want a massive servers in our houses and by the side of the roads. In order to compentate for this, AT&T is estimating that it'll cost over one hundred billion dollars to improve the network nation wide enough to cover the demand.

With current technologies and internet laws, it seems unlikly that the internet as we know it will last another decade. Hopefuly, someone will design and develop a better storage and transfer method that current servers, so that the internet we all know and love might continue. Below is the link to the AT&T press release.

http://www.news.com/ATT-Internet-to-hit-full-capacity-by-2010/2100-1034_3-6237715.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:10 pm

ROFL~

I dont know why you are so always worried about this and about that, Jeff. Relax. Internet version 2.0 is coming up. Relax and enjoy the moment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Meh we could just delete the internet and restart every few years XD
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:04 pm

We'll all be surprised at the "new" technologies available in 10 years that this will be like looking back to the 80's when floppy disks were THE BOMB :bom:
Back to top Go down
WolfyGod

WolfyGod

Name : Rob Smexy Kat Rob ~.^ Robbys Robbie
IGN : SirRAW13 / WolfyGod / RobsTouch / RAWsWorld
Job : DrK / Sader / Priest / noob
Level : 15x / 11x / 9x / 30
Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Mood : Missing Home =(

It is officially time to retire Frankie =(

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Floppy Disk are good for Storing~

Also drink costers......Frisbees..... lol!
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

Name : Neal
IGN : SpikeAi
Job : Bow Master
Level : 151
Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:02 pm

The rate of technology expansion and economics will not allow for that to happen.

1) According toe Moores Law the number of transistors that can inexpensively place on an integraded circuit is increasing expoentially, doubling approximately every two years. (wiki)

This to no surprize means that we are able to continue to build faster computers and hold more stroage space on smaller and smaller devices as time progresses.

2) Economics will not allow it. If physical space required to store all the bits starts to become restrictive then the cost of finding more physical space becomes greater. Ither by upgrading computer systems or building new server rooms these cost money. The web is a service, if maintaining it becomes more expensive for the host it becomes more expensive for the users. Sites that continue to host an ungodly amount of data, or use an ungodly amount of bandwith will have to consider charging more or removing features avalable.

To me what seems to be a more pressing issue is that we will run out of IP addresses as many of the 3rd world countries expand their internet to users.
an IP address consist of 4 numbers in the range of 0-255
So we only have 4,294,967,296 differant possable IP addresses with our current system. Of course Virtual LANs help this problem. Large office buildings or schools for an example are assigned a single IP address and they designate there very own range of IP address to each computer on their network. Nither the less the # of IPs is less than the world population.
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:28 am

SpikeAi wrote:
increasing expoentially

QFT~ key point

so I'd rather worry about how we'll continue to use the internet in a way that renders our social life frailer, muscles weaker, and tummies huger. We are the ones in danger, not the internet. *turns off pc and heads for the gym*

nah *turns on pc again and sticks butt to chair*

LOL j/k~
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Name : Rose (Rosie ~ by a few ppl)
IGN : SerrasAngels / RoseVenom / RancorRose / RamblinRose
Job : Bishop / FP Mage / Hermit / Ranger
Level : 16x / 13x / 10x / 10x
Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2007-12-07
Mood : Home Sick

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 4:31 am

LMAO Dan, so true, so true
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

Name : Martin
Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-04-20
Mood : ignorance is bliss.

inlove<3

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:32 am

Katuzi wrote:
ROFL~

I dont know why you are so always worried about this and about that, Jeff. Relax. Internet version 2.0 is coming up. Relax and enjoy the moment.
But how long will the server check be?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the internet?   End of the internet? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of the internet?
Page 1 of 1