The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Tonight\'s Events

Go down 
+7
Elismerra
Arlyea
Rose
Erika x
Bilbo
Loveable Kaze
Hozama
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Tonight's Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:43 pm

As some of you know, Bellocan got targeted by a couple of "Packet Editors=PE" *RUMORED* (this is what they are called, just learned it from Bellardia). Here are the few things I've learned from reading the different forums:

*The "PE" doesn't have to be invited to the guild, if a JR/GUILDMASTER AND/OR MEMBERS are in the same map they can weasle their way into the guild. (Read from Sleepywood) In Khaini, one of the Guild Leaders posted that the hacker was not invited in the guild nor did the hacker's IGN was on the GUILD List. She just got a "You Quitted the Guild" note along with all her members. That's all the same story from all the affected Khaini Guilds

*The GUILD can be FULL and still be affected.

*The pattern seems to be this: Hacker weasles their way into the guild, quits the guild then everybody else ends up "quitting" the guild as well. Though 1 JR is left and becomes a temp GuildMaster, but cannot function as a GuildMaster, therefore that lone JR is stuck in the guild with no way out!

FYI~ This is a HACKED and not a REAL DISBAND therefore no one can USE THE SAME GUILD NAME. That's why ALL THE GUILDS NAME ARE STILL SHOWING ON THE ROCK RANKINGS. Affected GUILDS ARE STILL IN THE RANKINGS, JUST EMPTY GUILDS WITH NO MEMBERS AS NO ONE CAN GET BACK IN!

Loyalty, Mint, Divinity, Dedicated, FatesFury (possibly not 100% sure on that), Kryptonite, WallStreet were all disbanded (I don't know of the other ones yet as the news are still coming in).

Loyalty Guild Leader~ xlionhearthx
Tonight\'s Events Maple210

(SS courtesy of Bellardia, take note on the name "Zilatoderdis TM" according to the posts on Bellardia that's also the same person that targeted MINT {this is according to ChrissieStar's post (she's a member of MINT), she said that she can verify that this is the person that targeted them as well}. Also, according to PriestGaby's post on Bellardia, someone joined and she took SS and while she was taking SS that happened)

Other SERVERS WERE ALSO AFFECTED BY THIS NOT JUST BELLOCAN.

*FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT NEEDS MORE INFO ON THIS VISIT www.bellardia.com all the TOP GUILDS USES THIS SITE FOR EVERYTHING*

ALSO BELLARDIA HAS MOVED THE "BELLOCAN JR/GUILDMASTER LIST" AS WELL AS THE "ZAKUM SCHEDULE" IN FEAR THAT THE PERSON WHO WAS DISBANDING THE GUILDS WAS USING THOSE LIST!

Last edited by Mia on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

IGN : Hozama
Job : Bishop
Level : 13x
Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2007-12-17
Mood : Pink Been IS SO CUTE!

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:46 pm

For all the screaming and panic tonight, this is the only proof I've seen. I guess time will tell what happens next.
Back to top Go down
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-06-19
Mood : Speechless!

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:28 am

Wow, parden my language, but what a douche...>.>...I mean, who in their right mind would something as horrible as that for NO REASON? >.> Unless, of course, they have a guild of their own and are trying to get to the top by removing the other top guilds...
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Loveable Kaze

Loveable Kaze

Name : David
IGN : Kazegenso (retired)
Job : Writer
Level : up! =D
Number of posts : 1208
Mood : Speechless!

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:32 am

Kate aka LolIy, an old friend of mine, showed these pics to me. I'm not sure how recent they are, as they were photobucket images, but I hope this helps.

Tonight\'s Events Guildh10

Tonight\'s Events Hack10
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/ByMyself
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:39 am

The first SS I believe is Khaini Server (Kami is a GUILD) and the 2nd SS is from a PRIVATE HOSTED SERVER...I've seen both on Bellardia already!

Last edited by Mia on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 am

We are not safe. We are in grave danger. You-know-who is BACK!

~LOLz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:15 am

As a precaution, the Guild Site is only accessible by JRs and Guild Members!

"ALL THE GUILDS ARE ALL SITTING DUCKS AT THIS POINT"
Back to top Go down
Erika x

Erika x

Name : (specify a nickname)
IGN : OchickibabeO / 0n3Wing3d
Job : Priest / Crossbowman
Level : 74 / 40
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:41 am

There's also : http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/forums/1/906196/ShowThread.aspx

I hope we are safe. I heard on MapleTip that Nexon has permanantly*exaggeration xD* turned off GameGuard. Therefore, the number of hackers will be increasing.

x x x
Back to top Go down
http://www.profil3.com/OchickibabeO
Rose

Rose

Name : Rose (Rosie ~ by a few ppl)
IGN : SerrasAngels / RoseVenom / RancorRose / RamblinRose
Job : Bishop / FP Mage / Hermit / Ranger
Level : 16x / 13x / 10x / 10x
Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2007-12-07
Mood : Home Sick

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:55 am

If what Marie said up top is correct, the hacker(s) can only get in if they are on the same map as a JR/Ldr of a guild (which would explain those that said it happened when they went into the FM).

Does that mean there will be no Aeons JRs on their (JR) chars for a little bit? Also, does this mean GPQs, Zrun, etc are postponed until further notice?

Not only would it suck to have Aeons disbanned, and have to fund a new guild (and guild name), and the expansions needed to get back to 100, but we would then have to beat OUR OWN GPQ points to reclaim #1 Rank in Bellocan. affraid

Or is it still just mainly a *rumor* and there isnt a great concern at the moment? (although the SS of xlionhearthx is pretty convincing! Poor guy is having a rough year, first his account and now his guild Sad )
Back to top Go down
Arlyea

Arlyea

IGN : Arlyea
Job : Bowmasta!!!!
Level : 120!!!!
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-03-26
Mood : ....
Tonight\'s Events ZidaneheadbuttbyMakerunkown

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 5:31 am

Wow this is some really scary stuff. But why would Nexon disable the gameguard? That would be a really stupid move.

And omg, it really freaked me out yesterday with all the megas and I hear the guild for a friend's friend was also hacked. >_> Are people just idiots? Honestly, what would this really get them? I hate hackers and this is just proof of how idiotic they are.

As far as a private server goes, how do they do that?! Is it channel 20?! lol

I just really hope that Nexon does something about this...and fast.... It makes me worried for my own guild and friends T_T
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 am

well as far as i know the penalty for Packet Editors is an ip ban so that they won't be able to plaay ne more anfd as for the people doing this.....my guess s that its a bunch of immature little kids that think its funny so basically we could be screwed

Well i just checked and nexon hasn't said ne thing yet and I have also put some thought into it and i think that all of the jrs should step down temporarily and we should just avoid dal's acc after that. If jrs and masters are the only access to the guild that hackers have i think that would be the best thing to do and i think the risk of loggin on dal's acc just to demote jrs is less of a risk than having all of us continue to play
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

Name : Pauline
IGN : Silmerra
Job : High Priestess
Level : 169
Number of posts : 1334
Mood : ~MoonLion~
Tonight\'s Events 0161

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:44 am

I agree with Cris. I have talked with Kat last night, and think it might have been a better idea to demote all the Jrs. for the time being. Not only to prevent someone accidently 'recruited' a hacker and create a chain effect of gettting all members (including the guild master) expelled, but it would also prevent hackers using Master/Jrs. to gain access to our guild.

All the Jrs. will be promoted once we know more about the situation and/or Nexon fixed this darn problem.

As a reminder, I would like to ask all JRs. continue to perform their duties regarding the guild rules. If anyone is taking advantage of this situation and breaking the rules...thinking that they can't be expelled, please take a SS of their wrongdoings and we will take action accordingly afterwards.

Last edited by Elismerra on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 am

When i was playing my Islander a couple months ago this was a big issue. PE's would end up on Noob Island with Godly Equipments which cause chaos among all Servers/Islands.
This IS a serious problem. PEditing is also how many hacks are done/used, supposedly.
Regarding Gamegaurd, I have not seen the Nexon Site yet, but I still notice the Splash Screen when I start up my Maple which leads me to believe it is still being used (but to what affect?).
*EDIT*
IP Ban is the result of Packet Editing in any form
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:18 am

Can the original Guildmaster be expelled without the actual guild shutting down? I have to admit, I've seen some crazy, messed up stuff on this game before (The Bello hacker invasion comes to mind), but if this is legit, and not just some screw up by Nexon, it could be quite bad.

If this is the work of a real hacker, and not just a code jocky, things could get significantly worse very quickly. IP banning can easy be countered, a wireless laptop and car are all you need. If Nexon is serious about fixing this problem, they may introduce a Mac Address ban (And I hope they do).

I still have my doubts that this IS indeed a hacker. Nexon has seriously screwed up in the past before, but given enough time, they fix it. I've been checking the main site regularly, and so far, no notice has been given. Now, considering the tens of thousands of tickets they've probely gotten about this, it's safe to assume they're aware of the situation. It's also safe to assume they have, or are currently checking through the game code and server status carefully. If after their investigation they find nothing, they would have a staff of several hundred (In addition to the millions of players) scanning the internet for information about this hack and the one who developed it.

Even though this is a game, causing widespread panic and fear "may" be considered a form of cyber-terrorism. If this person, or people involved, are caugh, it's possible that they will be treated as such depending on their history. Despite all this, we should not panic. Certainly, be aware of who's around you and avoid using the FM1 with your Aeons character (If possible). Eventually, Nexon will find the reason for this and fix the problem, and hopefully restore the guild data from old records without causing wide-spread rollbacks. All the other major guilds must have a place, like our forum, where they can meet outside the game to discusss the matters and reform as a last resort.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:22 am

I think that is a great idea guys, demoting the JRs until the situation seems to be resolved and taking SS of wrong-doing to prevent ppl from taking advantage of the situation.

@ NoobKing ~ it must be disasterous to the Noob Community to have someone show up on Maple Isle with any weapon higher than a fruit knife or razor!!! Laughing

*(oh yeah, besides Event weapons/drops)*
Back to top Go down
Brittini

Brittini

IGN : Novallie, LovesCreed, Brittini Baby
Job : F/P Wizard -:|:- Bandit -:|:- Lukless Cleric
Level : 8x -:|:- 3x -:|:- 3x
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-11-19
Mood : Is wanting a tattoo to bring something positive to what seems to be a permanently pained part of her body

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:44 am

I've actually heard that it doesn't have to be the JR/Guild Master who is in the map with the hacker. It just has to be anyone in the guild. :/

I was an EYE WITNESS to Dedicated getting disbanded. I couldn't believe it when I heard Jeff say something and then seeing it with my own eyes. I feel for poor Libby; the girl was crushed by this. Sad

I heard this problem has been going on in the last couple weeks in some of the other servers, just not to this degree, so I'm not to sure they are actually going to do much of anything.

I really don't understand why people are just trying to hurt others. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:07 am

@Jeff~ Unfortunately, this is not a "Glitch" issue by NEXON, this is real. Nexon regardless of how slow they are to act on their "glitches/mess up" they would usually post on the website within 12 hours owning up to the issue.

"Zliaderdis TM" & "F*&%KNEXON" are the 2 names that I keep reading in all the FORUMS that is doing the "hacking".

I also read on Sleepywood.net that this has been an ongoing battle in Khaini.

@Britt~ Sorry to hear about your friend Libby. So far we have been lucky, but we do feel her pain and other the guilds as well!

Well, MINT is back up and running...PAEONIUS has two GUILDS "Mint" and "MINT". The one that got disbanded last night was "Mint", so all the members got reinstated in "MINT".

I read somewhere though that it may be a good idea not to remake any GUILDS until this has all been sorted out!

As well, just to reiterate what Britt said....YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A JR/GUILDMASTER TO BE HACKED...I've read that in all the forums! That's why I said on my previous post...WE ARE ALL SITTING DUCKS, WAITING TO BE SHOT!
Back to top Go down
NoobKing

NoobKing

Name : NoobKing
IGN : DiscipleSin2
Job : Chief Bandit
Level : 113
Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:10 am

Maybe we should all turn off "Guild Invite", "Trade Request", "Chat Request", Etc. in our Options Menus for a little while...
It couldnt hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:14 am

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST THIS:

If all members could avoid FM AT ALL COST! PLEASE AVOID IT! I understand that some of you need to set up shop...unfortunately this is how majority of the guild got disbanded through FM. IF YOU MUST USE A MULE THAT ISN"T IN THE GUILD TO SET UP SHOP! USE A GUILDLESS CHAR FOR MERCHANTING!

This is just temporary!
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

Tonight\'s Events 0161

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:21 am

Well, I read in most of the other forums that as long as there are members on in that certain guild, then the guild itself is in danger of being hacked. Some guilds have taken precaution and asked all members to leave the guild (and/or expelled them for the time being), just to have a chance of reinstating everyone back to the SAME guild in the future...

Also, some have mentioned that as long as the hackers are in the same map with the guild members, they can hacked into the guild. Regardless of a full guild.

There's really not much we can do at this moment, rumors have it that 70% of Khaini's guilds are gone...well, now wouldn't that be depressing...
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 am

WHAT THE!?!?!?! Remind me to level THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE A ZRUN, and NOT TO WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY TO FINISH A LEVEL!!!

Both Zruns we have had scheduled, I was close to lvling on the Thursday night before (at least 85% +) and thought, I will finish lvling Friday or Saturday.
Last Zrun, I was at 85% when I logged off on Thursday night.....I FINALLY leveled JUST 30 minutes before we were to meet for the Zrun (with MUCH thanks to Chinny and Rob) because that was the weekend hackers took over Bellocan and I couldnt train anywhere decent because they had taken over(wolf spiders, Dual Ghost Pirates, etc, etc).

Of course, we are scheduled for a Zrun this Sunday, and I got to 90% last night. Now hackers are able to disband guilds just by being in the same map as a guild memeber!!?!?!!?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:39 am

IP ban doesnt works either, because if these ppl are smart enough to create such a hack (where they can enter a guild and expell the master w/o disbanding the guild), i'm sure they thought about IP ban before, and they could be using a proxy + mule accounts...

So far from what i see any guild can be disbanded no matter what preventions they do... I think the only "safe" thing to do is to be an inactive guild, and by this i mean 0 members on at all time...

Like you should know i hate this idea, so all we have to do is keep playing and try to enjoy this game as much as we can.

If they break Aeons, we arise again.

THEY CAN BREAK A GUILD'S BODY BUT NOT THE SPIRIT.
Back to top Go down
Elismerra
Administrator
Elismerra

Tonight\'s Events 0161

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:45 am

What you said Tomy. A lot of guilds have decdied to remain INACTIVE for the time being, but what's the purpose of playing this game if we all leave the guild and/or not signing on our main anymore?

If the worse shall happen...we will just find a way to reform and rise to the top again. We have come a long way to give up so easily.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 am

On a different note...IF the worse were to happen and we all get expelled from Aeons and have to form another guild... at least we know we can beat the #1 rank guild of Bellocan eventually since they wont be GPQing anymore silent
Back to top Go down
Hozama

Hozama

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:52 am

I just had a terrible thought. Don't get me wrong, I hope nothing happens to us, but it could look very bad for us if nothing happens at all. If all these major guilds are being disbanded, and Aeons remains completly intact, it may give the average player the impression that we have some relation with these hackers. If the #1 guild remains untouched while every other big guild dies, it'll completly smash our rep as legit players. It might not be a bad idea to prepare a speach or something in case we start to take the blame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tonight\'s Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight\'s Events   Tonight\'s Events I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tonight\'s Events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next