The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Alice in Wonderland ~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Val

Val

Name : Val or Valdemort
IGN : Concrusher
Job : Bishop
Level : 16x
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-11-27
Mood : Never better (:

Alice in Wonderland ~ Empty
PostSubject: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Alice in Wonderland ~ Affraid Couldnt find a movie section, so I figured this was the best place =]

Yah, I just came back from watching Alice In Wonderland (3D) with my friend. Here's some info on it:
Spoilers Ahead!

Its directed by Tim Burton (a "hate" or "love" director due to his personal style of filmmaking, I personally love him) who's the same man who made those old school Batman films, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, the new Planet of the Apes, Corpse Bride and a dozen other films. Two of my all time favourite films are Big Fish and Sleepy Hollow, so maybe my view is a lil biased? Im not sure, ill try not being biased lol.

It stars Burton regular leading man Johnny Depp (dont think I need to introduce him, but I will for the people who live under a rock). He's been in movies such as Edward Scissorhand (plays the titular character), Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape? and is off course Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pirates of the Carribean trilogy. Here he plays the Mad Hatter, and does so soo frickenn amazingly.

It has, sorry I cant spell her name, Mia Wasikowska? Something like that lol. Shes this I think Canadian born Aussie acctress :D. And she hasnt been in many things, but I know she's in Defiance and thats all I know lol. In here, she plays Alice (I liked her as Alice, but nothing was really special about her).

Theres also Anne Hathaway (Devil Wears Prada, The Princess Diaries's, Bride War) as the White Queen, which I adored, especially in this one scene where, I wont say what happens, but its awesome :D. Her sister in the film is the Red Queen (kinda mirrors the Queen of Hearts) who is AWESOME lol! OFF WITH HER HEAD! Haha <3. Shes played by Helena Bonham Carter, who's married to Tim Burton himself, which is why she's practically in *every* film of his, but most of you might know her from cult classic Fight Club and MY favourite Harry Potter (she plays Bellatrix Lestrange). She plays two characters or more in some films o-o. Anyways, shes the evil character, but not the kind of evil like, serious evil... How can i say it... shes the baddie, yes, and she is VERY bad in the way that she's ALWAYS angry and yelling, literally ALWAYS, and she kills people with such enthusiam and has her castles bridge composed of human heads.

Others are Matt Lucas ("im the gayest in the village" legend from Little Britain) who plays Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Alan Rickman (professor Snape from Harry Potter, in that oh-so-orgasmic voice) who plays the smoking catepillar (forgot his name), Imelda Staunton (professor Umbridge), Timothy Spall (Peter Wormtail Pettigrew), Christopher Lee (Sarumon from Lord of the Rings), Stephen Fry ("This... is God"), Michael Sheen (ruined him for me when he appeared in the Twilight Crapfest: New Wasteof2hours), Crispin Glover (the freaky guy from Charlies Angels), Frances de la Tour (Madame Maxine from Goblet of Fire) and a dozen more famous celebrities, who basically voice the rest of the cast.

Now the only 100% REAL person in this film was Alice. She had nothing altered or added with CGI. Everyone else was XD. Helena Bonham Carter's head was digitally enlarged 3x its normal size, Johnny Depp's eye's were enlarged twice their size and his costume changes colour depending on how he's feeling, Anne Hathaway's hair and skin were whitened, Matt Lucas was shrunken and fattened, and everything else was fully CGI'ed.

Wanna know ABOUT the actual movie now?
IT WAS GREAT! Oh God, I loved it so much. I literally didnt get sick of it at all, and was fully emersed from the opening Disney (again, biased probably) logo till the closing credits (which I sat through because of MORE awesome 3D animation). Oh yeah, I watched it in 3D. I felt the 3D at the start started off as like, KAPOW in your face! 3D. As she fell down the Rabbit Hole, literally everyone in the cinema was trying to dodge everything and not get hurt, LOL. But pretty much after that scene, the 3D was just used to make a more realistic landscape, a beautiful setting and it was absolutely stunning and surreal.

Every character was good, some characters were brilliant, and some you couldnt have asked for a greater portrayal. As soon as the Cheshire Cat came on the screen, I was just "wow"ed. I dunno how to explain it, but its presence was so unique and beautiful that I just wanted the whole movie to be based around it xD. The white Rabbit was cute xD. The Mad hair was fricken hillarious xD. The smoking Catepillar I was like "wtf @ tobacco in a Disney film?" but I loved him. It was kinda hard not to think of Snape though, because its literally the exact creepy voice. The Door Mouse was adorable, the Queens magnificent (especially the Red Queen when she goes psycho with "OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!") and off course, the Mad Hatter.

To say, the CGI was absolutely magnificent. Wonderland is SUPPOSED to look fake and "dream" like, so you have talking flowers, royal-gaurd Frogs and creepy subconscious trees. In my honest opinion, the CGI was better than Avatar's. Avatar I thought lacked any skin apart from silk (every creature had a silky skin), where as in Alice, there was fur, feathers, horns, silk, scales and so much more. The music was beautiful (Danny Elfman composed) and there were no actual songs included like in those action flicks, cept Avril Lavinge during the end credits.

So, I would give Alice in Wonderland a definative 9/10. It lost 1 point because of, well, not that the story wasnt good (basically a rescue mission), but it sorta lacked an anti-climax? :S We were told from the very beginning what was going to happen from this scroll that tells the future, and thats exactly what happens. Nothing jumps up and surprises us, in terms of story, such as a twist.

Its easily my favourite film of the year (ikr, it beat The Princess and the Frog Sad), and well, favourite since Half-Blood Prince :D. Lol X).

Honestly if you're not a Burtonite, you could still like it. But if you dont really like dark films with fantasy aspects, then... still give it a try! I honestly cant wait to watch it like two more times in the next few days :D. P.S., this was my face as I walked out of the theatre, and its STILL my face V

Alice in Wonderland ~ Cheshire_cat
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 am

i was looking forward to read your review on the movie but seeing that it's a newspaper i'll have to postpone the reading till after the exams xP
Back to top Go down
Dytes

Dytes

Name : Kim
IGN : Krygerin, Dytez, Krygaran, Dytes
Job : Sader, Blaze Wiz, Aran, I/L
Level : 7X,120, 5X, 5X
Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Mood : Looking forward to the future with a smile on my face.

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 am

I'll be seeing it on Monday (can't handle the crowds or annoying people in them)
Back to top Go down
syncmann

syncmann

Name : David
IGN : syncmann, Piatosin
Job : Shadower!, Hermit!
Level : 120,108
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-10-20
Mood : Indifferent/Happy/Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 am

I fell asleep during the movie. LOL
Back to top Go down
Miriya

Miriya

Name : Giggle Bunny
IGN : Ayirim, MsMiriya, Larentia
Job : Priest, NightLord, Aran
Level : 101,120,52
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-10-18
Mood : I lost the game <3

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 am

I enjoyed the movie a lot, but felt it was rushed oO
I kind of didn't have that "mad" style that accompanies the alice in wonderland story, felt a little hollow.
Still cool movie :)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/ride_on_a_shooting_star
Val

Val

Name : Val or Valdemort
IGN : Concrusher
Job : Bishop
Level : 16x
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-11-27
Mood : Never better (:

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:11 pm

o-o how can you fall asleep in it?
my eyes were opened so wide the whole time when i had only gotten 2 hoursish sleep that day, lol xD
(woke up early morning to go to class and skipped it to watch it XD)

and ahh, you see I love the beauty that is darkness in tim burton's films.
im dying for him to make a Little Red Riding Hood and a Casper Sad
Tim Burton's Casper. Wow... just the title is orgasmic xD
Back to top Go down
syncmann

syncmann

Name : David
IGN : syncmann, Piatosin
Job : Shadower!, Hermit!
Level : 120,108
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-10-20
Mood : Indifferent/Happy/Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 pm

I couldn't help it. I had an overload of work during the day. Watching at night + darkness in the theater made it too comfortable. :l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland ~   Alice in Wonderland ~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice in Wonderland ~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Aeons Guild :: CHAT HEAVEN :: Arts and Images-
Jump to: