The Aeons Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» It's strange...
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Angelkitty03 Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

» For all the old members of Aeons viewing these forums...
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Dalris Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

» Just Curious...
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Taylor Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

» This is one big trip down memory lane...
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby kcyy Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 pm

» Hi How are y'all? (My Apoligies if this is the wrong forum!
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Christancia Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 pm

» Quick Headup , Please Stepby and look at this thread
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DeeSeng Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

» I made a vid...
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Hero4Ever Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

» Idk how long.
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DexlesILLBIS Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 pm

» Lockerz
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby nightclawz Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:34 pm

» Joooooooon *frantically waves hands*
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Val Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am

» Evan Guide
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

» S> zak helm
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

» I'm back
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LordOfBellocan Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

» what the hell.
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DKsDragon Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

» Nexon’s Commitment to Online Safety
Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 291 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Aeons Guild Rules

No Hacking
No Scamming
No Spamming
No KSing
No Profanity
No Racial/Sexual implied languange

Minimum entrance: Level 90

*Members who are absent for more than one month will count as inactives, and therefore subjected for expulsion.  Those who left a reason for absence on this forum (recommended) or on BBS in game will be excluded.

*The invitation to join our guild will be extended to buddies/friends of current members.  All new members will be checked for past hacking/scamming histories.  All members MUST be on rank.

Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...

Go down 
+4
Arlyea
SpikeAi
NoobKing
Elismerra
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:24 am

Chief BOO wrote:
Martin wrote:
How abou offensive names int other languages?
I know kankerneger and Paardneuker are some hella offensive names in dutch.

As we both know the only part that is "Global" in this game, it's the name and nothing else... We don't have any GMs that knows Dutch or other languages, therefore they can't do nothing.

There is more to "Global" than just its name. Although the majority are americans, but there are still many maplers from europe, asia, and australia that you may not notice often due to time difference. Servers like Scania hold many arab players too (especially from U.A.E). Also, although GMs might not be able to spot offensive terms in other languages themselves, they can simply scan names using imported dictionary files. Even in english, i think they use preset dic files (dictionary attacks) to scan igns.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:29 am

Bilbo wrote:
Chief BOO wrote:
Martin wrote:

As we both know the only part that is "Global" in this game, it's the name and nothing else... We don't have any GMs that knows Dutch or other languages, therefore they can't do nothing.

There is more to "Global" than just its name. Although the majority are americans, but there are still many maplers from europe, asia, and australia that you may not notice often due to time difference. Servers like Scania hold many arab players too (especially from U.A.E). Also, although GMs might not be able to spot offensive terms in other languages themselves, they can simply scan names using imported dictionary files. Even in english, i think they use preset dic files (dictionary attacks) to scan igns.

I wasn't talking about the people that plays the game, i was talking about the game itself... You can clearly see that only players from U.S.A and Canada get to enjoy every aspect of this game (iTCG and Maple cards), a lot of ppl from Asia are permanently banned for living in Asia... So that doesn't sounds much "global" to me...
Back to top Go down
Bilbo
Administrator
Bilbo

Name : Daniel
IGN : Bersy
Job : Dark Knight
Level : 200
Number of posts : 1820
Registration date : 2008-03-20
Mood : pretending to be a Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:40 am

Chief BOO wrote:
Bilbo wrote:
Chief BOO wrote:
Martin wrote:

I wasn't talking about the people that plays the game, i was talking about the game itself... You can clearly see that only players from U.S.A and Canada get to enjoy every aspect of this game (iTCG and Maple cards), a lot of ppl from Asia are permanently banned for living in Asia... So that doesn't sounds much "global" to me...

Nexon defines "Global" as in "Any country without a localized version". It is fully appropriate to ban IPs in coutries with a localized version: 1) to promote other versions. 2) to prevent massive traffic on one global version... etc. As for enjoying iTCG and nexon cash, the Trade shop solves part of the problem and soon the whole of it as more items get unbanned in the mts. With enough effort and smart tactics, you can make nx and good deals there. (btw reconsider my offer on your sc ROFL)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:05 am

LOL!!

I asked you like a Million times what did you whispered me, because my guild/buddy spam didn't let me read it because i was AFK.

PM me what your offer was Dan =)
Back to top Go down
SpikeAi

SpikeAi

Name : Neal
IGN : SpikeAi
Job : Bow Master
Level : 151
Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:52 am

Katuzi wrote:
He couldnt take it, he had to smega this. Check it out:

Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 Cuddle10

Does he actually expect simpathy from nexon? Gosh he is dumb.
PS. Its not that nexon allowed the name its that user names are not human verafied. The surprizing thing is he got away with it for as long as he did. I know I saw him around many times before the name change.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:19 am

He always was an attention prostitute... And guess what...? With this he got even more attention... He should be 2x thankfull to Nexon about this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:52 am

personaly, i like the new name XD

im kindof mad that he has it cus now i cant use it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Chief BOO wrote:
He always was an attention prostitute... And guess what...? With this he got even more attention... He should be 2x thankfull to Nexon about this.

lol i didn't say that!!! F5

dam you filter!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...   Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guys, do not use offensive names for your chars...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2